Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have re-valved my forks (both now work) and while improved over stock, I think that it could be a bit better. I am not sure if doing both legs was an improvement as I did the revalve and dual legs at the same time. My buddy now wants me to do a re-valve and I am not wondering if there is a better way.

I have been looking at Racetech Gold Valves and cannot understand what they will do for me that a re-valve does not. The Gold Valve is not externally adjustable so the big point is ease of adjustment once it is apart, but that is not a big selling point for me.

Perhaps if I understood Gold Valves a bit better but I really cannot see how it differs over a factory shim stack, other than having a lot bigger ports.
Is the port size the key?

I am not getting an answer to if it possible to have one leg with a compression Gold Valve and the other with a rebound Gold Valve.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The answer is that it is not possible to have one leg compression and the other rebound using different Gold Valves

So why use a Gold Valve at all if one knows how to re-valve what is already there

·
Registered
616 Posts
The answer is that it is not possible to have one leg compression and the other rebound using different Gold Valves
Is that what Racetech told you?

I think I remember an old thread where Racetech took a forum member's fork and installed exactly that: a gold valve for compression in one leg and rebound in the other.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that came from them yesterday, however they show a rebound GV on the
Versys page so something is wrong
Perhaps not surprising as at first they said that they do not have the GV for Gen 2

This is a bit difficult for me to get a proper answer as I am in Thailand and not too confident that am getting the right answers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts