Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a ram mount on your V ? If so any pictures, what type, does the brake cover mount for the ninja 650 work and any suggestions on what to get?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Does anyone have a ram mount on your V ? If so any pictures, what type, does the brake cover mount for the ninja 650 work and any suggestions on what to get?
I don't have a photo handy, but I just used the normal bar clamp and it works well, i.e. it is rock solid.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't have a photo handy, but I just used the normal bar clamp and it works well, i.e. it is rock solid.
I too have the standard bar clamp type Ram mount on all my bikes. Bought all of mine off Amazon.com.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I bought a ram ball that replaces one of the handlebar clamp bolts.

This is it with a short arm fitted.

I now have a longer arm which places the satnav more in the position of Capn Kirk's.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Any ram mount your looking for can be found here. www.gpscity.com I have the handle bar mount,strap mount etc,etc

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't have a pic , but I just have the handlebar clamp version. It allowed me to experiment with where I wanted the sat nav positioned without buying different mounts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Regular handlebar mount. Bought mine from Amazon.com.

Since these handlebars are powdercoated instead of chromed I recommend you cut a piece of bicycle innertube to wrap around the handlebar before you mount the U-bolt. Doing this will require less pressure to keep the U-bolt from moving and lessen the chance of marking the handlebar. I use the rubber on chrome as well but it doesn't mark as easily as powdercoat.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Since these handlebars are powdercoated instead of chromed I recommend you cut a piece of bicycle innertube to wrap around the handlebar before you mount the U-bolt.
The pieces that come in contact with the handlebars are made of fairly soft plastic. I don't believe it will mark up the bar and did not have to tighten too much to snug. Had it been aluminum or steel, I would have taken more caution.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I got off some L brackets from Ace Hardware and mount it like this.

I got from eBay a Waterproof Casing with handle bar mount. With a tank bag, it is not possible to mount it on the handlebars. Besides, the viewing angle is not optimum.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I bought a ram ball that replaces one of the handlebar clamp bolts.

+1 This one :thumb:

More clamps is just more clap-trap. I have one of these for 3 different bikes, the GPS transfers easily to and from.

On two of them I have hard-wired a power lead from the headlamp running light for a keyed power source.

·
Registered
282 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts