Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Ram mount Ram-B-367U on there versys?
It is a ball mount that screws in to the handlebar riser

·
Super Moderator
16,055 Posts
I've seen a couple of bikes on here that have used it.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I have seen it done by fellow members. Not sure if they had to purchase a longer screw or not. I am sure they will chime in.

I used RAM B-231 Marine Ram Base with U Bolt. The one shown in the photo below is not the Marine version but an older one I had mounted. The only difference in the Marine Version is the stainless steel u bolt. Will not corrode as easily. There are plastic pieces to protect the handlebar from any metal contacting. The U bolt does not touch the bars.

Ordered from Amazon for $15.98 shipped.

:goodluck: I enjoy taking my GPS on certain trips!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I've used the set-up like Capn Kirk's on several bikes and was pleased with it. Also used it on my Versys before replacing it with Speedy's universal GPS mount which I like even better because it places the GPS out of the way above the instrument panel.

Bottom line: RAM is high quality stuff and should serve you well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good quality and low pirce ! Which is strange in moto accesories industry.
I use same setup even the same place mount but with Garmin Zumo.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah, I've used the setup like Capt. Kirk on both my mountain bike and my Versys. Works very well and allows for a bit more adjustment than just anchoring it down to the riser.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the ball mount like DR_'s. Works great. Combined with a short dogbone and universal mount for my ancient 2610 on a homemade shock mount. I posted a pic in another GPS mount thread, don't have it available at the moment to repost. It is a very clean setup, puts the GPS to left of center above the bars.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ball type ram mount on bar clamp

Yep, it's a great mount for a 60 size gps. The kit comes with the longer bolts. I have two, one for the DS and one for the V, just switch over the ram arm and holder, and the gps.

I also got a 12v cigar adapter, cut off the cigar lighter plug, and tapped into the parklamp wiring for switched power. Works out exceedingly well.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I've seen a couple bikes with similar set ups and they work -- if you have good close-range vision. Unfortunately my middle-aged eyes don't focus well up close anymore. A better solution for me was to mount my GPS above the instrument binnacle with a RAM ball attached to the cross piece of my Madstad windshield bracket.

Whatever works for you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got one. I used the lower set of screws, where the bars mate to the tripple clamps. The 3 inch arm puts the GPS right below the speedo, and doesn't interfere with steering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts