Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not seen this anywhere on here, if I missed, well, I will gladly go there and look..Anyway, has anyone simply tried raising the front of the seat to keep from sliding forward all the time?? Seems like if you lowered the hooks on the seat, and raised the clip up front, it might solve some of our problems - especially for those of us that can't afford a new seat!

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts
I raised the front of my seat 9/16" by making a piece that 'bridged' the 2 bolts at the rear of the tank and 'shimming' it with several washers. Works fine for cheap. Try looking for threads from a couple of years ago....:goodidea:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Having read this thread, I have just lifted the front of my seat on my week old 2010 V. Ive done 380 miles and have been getting knee and hip problems from being pushed forward to the tank. Its been like riding a Moto X bike.
I will go for a ride in the morning and see how it feels. If it doesnt work, it was only £3 for a couple of bolts and washers
Darren

·
Registered
944 Posts
I was looking at doing this a few weeks ago. When I looked at the seat though, it appeared to be supported by the bracket at both sides of the latch, not just by the plate at the latch. So that's why folks get wobbles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have raised it a half inch or so, and dropped the hooks with washers. I am about to add two small pieces of wood to the two plastic posts which support the seat on cross bar of the frame. Probably tomorrow. Should eliminate the wobbles!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts