Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the Versys has a few flaws. One of the biggest flaw for me is the fact that when it rains, it pours.

The spray from the front wheel (even with a fender extender) is insane! Boots with booties are soaked within 20 mins of riding. Anyone experience this? Any one try to fix this issue?

As a year round rider this is really starting to piss me off! I am going to attempt to make an even longer fender with some Krydex this week... :mad:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have not noticed what you describe... I've got many miles on the rainy-day clock but have never noticed the front wheel to be a significant point of interest. I do have an extender...

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
Not that it rains much in Cali anyway!

(bloody roads are treacherous when it does tho'!!)

Got them when i lived in texas. If i get caught in rain i just take my wallet and anything i want to keep dry and put it in the topcase and just ride through it. If i didn't want to get wet i would drive a car.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have a pair of Sidi Rain Tour boots and a pair Tourmaster rain pants to go with my tour jacket. They seem to keep me pretty dry other than my hands. Still looking for a pair of truly waterproof gloves.

I don't make it a habit to ride in the rain but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And I don't have a fender extender.

Of course growing up in Florida we looked forward to nice cooling rain shower when it was topping 100 out there.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
hey Joe....:confused:.....Shouldn't you be "attending" to the GF & not looking at the bloody Versys forum????.....;)

Been busy with that. It was her birthday yesterday so we spent part of the afternoon at the car dealership getting her oldest son a truck. Then took her and her 2 sons along with their girlfriends to our favorite Thai restaurant. She spent all day today cooking seafood for the family. I don't touch seafood so had a big steak.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used to have a set of those slip on boot covers,
but I found that my knees and just belownwere still getting plenty wet.

I do not know the name of them as it has worn off, but I picket up a set of leg wrap type thingees.

they slip over the toe of your boot, and then velcro attach around your calf, and go up and over the top of the knee about 8 inches or so.

they are made of waterproof/rubberized material, kinda like an Oregon Raincoat for your legs.
and they work very well

·
Registered
182 Posts
My experience with those boot "covers" was NOT what I expected. In a medium to heavy rain, they seemed to hold IN the water rather than keep it out! For a very light mist, they're ok.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a set of the Tourmaster delux rain booties. Part of the issue could be that I do not have the lower cowling fairings on the bike. Will mount those back up and see if that makes a difference.

It has been wet here in the DC area for a week now. Rain every damn day. So I've been damp most of this week! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have the slip on boot covers ,, i rode to work everyday for 3 years and used them quite alot. and had no problems with them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts