1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
434 Posts
You could get some molded earplugs with speakers that will work much better than one of those systems.

Plus....it will not look goofy...you won't have to worry about vandalism and you will not be the butt of your friends jokes...:eek:

Did somebody ever really pay $1200 for one of those systems???? I smell something....

·
Registered
122 Posts
I put a Pyle system on mine with a Ipod shuffle I think mine was 200 dollers and 300 watts. I works ok not great ear plugs work better but bother me. If you go with the Pyle throw the intructions away before you read them they are messed up in so many ways. I can hear my setup good to about 65 mph. ok to 75 mph. and after 80 it's just noise. I had to do my own mounting becuse Pyle's won't work on the Versys. I looked at the system you posted and passed after reading some reviews about the wires falling out of the amp all the time and the radio can only be controlled by the amp. I wired mine to an easten beaver fuse block so it powers off if the motor is not running other wise the amp could stay hot and drain the battery depending how you wire it. If I had to do it over again I would still have put the system on I like it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is that an satallite radio system or standard radio system. Personally, since all of my good local stations went out of business because of satallite radio I don't have anything to listen besides talk radio. BLAH! :mad:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My Ipod has a built in radio. If I want to listen to it, I just use my earplugs. ScullCandy Asyum's.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Still think you can't beat putting your own music tastes on a mp3 or ipod etc. Me personally i like as my kids say annoying 80's music and older. Bit of Bon Jovi, CCR etc gets my heavy metal thunder cooking well my plastic fantastic anyway as my wife puts it, just to get a reaction from her, quite often say when taking the v for a ride "going to fire up the hog" her being a cruiser girl and all that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I used to like the AC/DC, and Motorhead type heavy metal stuff on my old sony walkman...it sure made my old GS750 go a "lot" faster [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
229 Posts
XM radio in the tank bag with earbuds. I move it from bike to bike and my truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is mine system, go to about 60 miles pre hour. Forget about what others think of what you do to your bike....IT'S YOUR BIKE !!!! Cb
yeah, this is what I imagined about 60 mph..that should do. Can I ask what system that is?

not a big fan of stuff in my ear...its actually illegal in pa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Buy a Harley or a 'Wing.

its funny you should say that, the whole reason I want a radio now is because I road a friends victory (forget what it was called, step above the cross country, top of the line), loved it, I could see myself on the cross country in the future, one sweet bike! also checked out the harley street glide (just cant justify putting all the money out)

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
This works for me. no matter how fast i'm going music,phone calls and gps instructions clear as a bell.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got some cheap helmet speakers on e-bay for around $5, they are thin and sound decent. I velcro my Shuffle on the left side of the chin bar on my FF helmet. All speaker wires are stuff behind the helmet lining. It's a complete self contained system, no wires to attach, just put the helmet on and press the i-pod button and you got music. I would think there are better quality speakers on the market, but for the cost I can't complain.

The Scala Rider radio sucks and I feel it is worthless. But the speakers are great. I-pod, cell calls and comm are clear as a bell. I notice quite an improvement over the cheap e-bay speakers.

Mike

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
The Scala Rider radio sucks and I feel it is worthless. But the speakers are great. I-pod, cell calls and comm are clear as a bell. I notice quite an improvement over the cheap e-bay speakers.

Mike
Well i have to disagree with you on that one.The FM radio on my scala rider Q2 works terrific. If you don't follow the instruction to set it up its a pain.but thats the users fault not the unit

·
Registered
224 Posts
Stereo...

I have a Pyle PLMCA60 purchased from Overstock.com and a Xm radio antenna purchased from Cycle gadgets ( photo). I purchased a Ipod bracket that fit the same bracket the my XM radio uses.
NOW... I ride back roads 100 % of the time. There are no expressways within 100 miles of me. North centrel Arkansas ( Mountain Home) so I have no problem with traffic noise.
I also put in a spilter so if needed I can use earphones.... But.... after a while earphones hurt my ears but I found some that cradle my ear not inside the ear.

Cb

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
This works for me. no matter how fast i'm going music,phone calls and gps instructions clear as a bell.

http://www.amazon.com/Scala-Rider-CARDO-BIKE-Q2/dp/B0017HSYWG/ref=pd_sbs_auto_7
Really weljo? Even with earplugs in and going 75 mph down the freeway?

I'm looking for something that I can use with satellite radio, mp3 player, and helmet to helmet communication but most product reviews say it's pretty crappy at freeway speeds. Maybe you have a really good helmet with reduced wind noise?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts