Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after changing my fan and coolant ive noticed a very tiny leak (will take pics late) on the lover right side of the radiator :( i dont ever see a puddle or drops dripping but i couch it and theres a drop there when i stop. soo i was thinking about upgradeing to aluminum :) has anyone else done this?
heres one i found for $100 for a 650 ninja and other then two tabs looks the exact same so i think i can make some brackets to sub those missing tabs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Radiator-for-Kawasaki-Ninja-650R-EX650-2006-2007-2008-06-07-08-/121229573139?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Kawasaki|Model:Ninja+650R&hash=item1c39d87c13&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
You already have an aluminum radiator. Rad shown in link is smaller. 2009+ ER6/Ninja 650R (EX650) then upgraded to the Versys' larger rad.

Make sure it's not just a loose hose clamp, leaking water pump seal, dirty/leaking pressure cap/overflow tube.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
We also make-to-order. Please feel free to ask.

This is from the ebay page you showed above, might be worth emailing them if your set on buying a new rad

·
Registered
203 Posts
ha ha ha ha, holy ****. Welding aluminum is hard, but it looks like they gave the radiator in the picture to the one guy who was just learning how to.

Buy a used one and hope for the best.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You already have an aluminum radiator. Rad shown in link is smaller. 2009+ ER9/Ninja 650R (EX650) then upgraded to the Versys' larger rad.

Make sure it's not just a loose hose clamp, leaking water pump seal, dirty/leaking pressure cap/overflow tube.
oh i wasnt sure if it was aluminum or not

We also make-to-order. Please feel free to ask.

This is from the ebay page you showed above, might be worth emailing them if your set on buying a new rad
ha ha ha ha, holy ****. Welding aluminum is hard, but it looks like they gave the radiator in the picture to the one guy who was just learning how to.

Buy a used one and hope for the best.
oh ya good point, this morning i wasnt greeted by my drop of fluid so it might have been some that was spelt making its way to the lowest point,?
if it shows up again ill worry about it again but im not going to for now :) just passed 115 miles on it today and still loveing it, no problems on todays 30-40 mile ride :) will be inspecting all the hoses and rad when my fuse block shows up because ill have to have the plastics off then.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Have you replaced your coolant? What happened when it overheated? How is the coolant level in the plastic reservoir? Look if it simply leaked from the overfill tube. Radiator pressure cap may also need to be cleaned along with an expansion tank and cooling system flush.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you replaced your coolant?yes had to replace the fan so did a coolant flush/change after the rad was off What happened when it overheated?the over heat light came on i shut the bike off and let it cool off and only noticeable thing that happen was the fan fuse blew How is the coolant level in the plastic reservoir?right at F were it was after i filled and "burped it" Look if it simply leaked from the overfill tube.no thats under the bike tho i did get 2 drops from there after the flush, the drops i was worrying about were (when sitting on the bike) on the lower left side of the rad Radiator pressure cap may also need to be cleaned along with an expansion tank and cooling system flush.had just done these thats were i think the drops came from, just some spillage that made its way to the lowest part
:thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, if reservoir is at Full when cold, it may overflow a bit when hot.
ya i wasnt stressing about the bit coming from the pisser tube (over flow tube) it was just a drop on the corner of the rad i was worried about, and it hasnt been there the last couple days so i think it was just some i stilt when flushing the system making its way to the lowest point (the spot it was is the lowest spot when bike is on its kickstand.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts