Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
That does look good. I haven't gone out to look at my radiator, but what the are wire tires threaded through on the bike? THX!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That does look good. I haven't gone out to look at my radiator, but what the are wire tires threaded through on the bike? THX!
I used 4 plastic zip ties, 1 in each corner pushed thru the top and bottom row of the radiator core then wrapped around the radiator frame on top and bottom being careful not to put any pressure on the radiator core itself. Hope that makes sense. mully

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you finish off the edges ?
And yes, it looks factory installed ! Pretty darn cool :)
The edges are not finished, but was careful when installing zip ties so it would not allow any slack in the plastic leaf gaurd. mully

·
Registered
100 Posts
The edges are not finished, but was careful when installing zip ties so it would not allow any slack in the plastic leaf gaurd. mully
Well it looks really factory installed. The material is 100% plastic right ?
Still no signs of melting ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well it looks really factory installed. The material is 100% plastic right ?
Still no signs of melting ?
Yes it is 100% plastic and still holding up good, but I don't want to be responsible for someone having to dig plastic out of their radiator or worse yet over heat their engine, so use at your own risk. Not a expert on plastics but leaf guards which are used on roof tops at very high temperatures, so maybe a higher quality plastic? mully

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
Nope - goes thru, altho' there will be a reduction in airflow. The protection may or may NOT be worth it to you. Your bike, your CHOICE!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Is the radiator guard meant to guard against kicked up rocks? Or just bugs? Or is it mainly there for cosmetic reasons?

Putting a "Fender Extender" on the front fender will keep any stones out of the radiator.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i used a metal vent cover for mine and spaced it about an inch away from the radiator so it has some flex to it for things to bounce off, was under $10 for everything i used to make it

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts