Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Good price. Is there a difference in mounting between the version 1, version 2 and version 3 bikes. Will it fit all 3?

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Good price. Is there a difference in mounting between the version 1, version 2 and version 3 bikes. Will it fit all 3?
I bought one of the first 2nd fen guards from evotech. The mounting points are in the same locations, but the bottom mounting tabs were moved to the back of the radiator on gen 2 requiring stand offs to mount.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My bike is in Texas so I wont be able to fit it until July. Was it easy to fit? Any pics?

Ta
Very easy to fit, I'll try to remember to snap a couple pics for you when I get home tonight.

Basically there is a little lip at the top of the radiator. You put the little metal bar in behind that and bolt the grill to the front of it, with the bottom of the grill hooked under the bottom of the radiator. Took me maybe 5 minutes to install.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
I have to say that excluding the SS surround, the actual rad-guard looks JUST like the Home-Depot gutter-guard I bought for about $2. Sorry I can't show a pic as I'm having a problem w/ PHOTOBUCKET right now.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
I have to say that excluding the SS surround, the actual rad-guard looks JUST like the Home-Depot gutter-guard I bought for about $2. Sorry I can't show a pic as I'm having a problem w/ PHOTOBUCKET right now.

Here it is, all $2.00 worth (PLUS some dirt, of course).

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
differences in V1, 2 and 3 rad

Did a little research to answer my own question. Does it fit a gen 2 bike. It appears the answer is no. The parts fiche shows gen 3 bikes have a different rad assembly with different fan mounting tabs.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Do you know exactly which one that is? my Home Depot does not seem to have one like that.
I take it that it was a 3ft snap in type

Thanks
Just went out and measured it - 8" x 16". I bought it at a Home Depot in Gilbert, AZ, in their department that sells gutters, etc. I don't think it 'snaps' in, so I've no idea how it would NORMALLY be installed, but all I did was to "rattle-can" it black and attach w/ four zip-ties.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Found something that made a great radiator guard and pretty much looks stock.
Just how many posts do I need before I can post pictures on this forum?

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Found something that made a great radiator guard and pretty much looks stock.
Just how many posts do I need before I can post pictures on this forum?
Woots - try attaching pics - I believe you should be able to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Woots - try attaching pics - I believe you should be able to.
Cool, thanks,

So, I was looking for the right material for a rad guard. Bug screen, metal but too thin, range filter, mesh still thin and pretty spread out, saw some others stuff unfortunately made of plastic until I saw this beauty on a shelf in Walmart.

I present you the trash can radiator guard.

Pretty solid metal mesh, with a strong coating of the right color and the size of the mesh is just right.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Woots - NOW that you've done that - be advised that small rocks can get OVER and UNDER the rad, and jam the cooling fan. Here's what I've done (after watching jdrocks builds):

IF you want more info, let me know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts