Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the posts regarding the R1 shock mod.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4958&highlight=R1+Shock

The beginning of the thread is somewhat dated (2008), in the past the consensus is to use the '07 / '08 shock. I didn't see any suggestions regarding the newer stock but I might have missed it somewhere along the way.

Since 2009, the R1 shock has changed. I'm only going by photos on eBay, but there appears to be an additional adjustment which changes the profile of the shock somewhat.

I would like to use the newer shock. Certainly the additional adjustment (whatever it is for) is appealing, but I'm also assuming fewer miles and maybe avoiding rebuilding a 5 year old shock.

Any opinions? Has anybody been successful with the newer shock?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
I can't make your pics larger when I 'click' on them, but looking at your pics, I would say that one of the two 'dials' on the shock near the reservoir has just been moved from the other end (I have two R-1 shocks, '08s). It LOOKS like it MIGHT fit. With the '07/ '08 shocks - they WILL fit.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I remember reading somewhere here that the 09 r1 shock will not fit because the higher position of the reservoir after installation wil definitely hit the bottom of the tail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts