Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the R&G Tail Tidy for the Ninja 650R also fit properly on the V.

I like the look of that one best of all.

Thanks,
Colin

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does anyone know if the R&G Tail Tidy for the Ninja 650R also fit properly on the V...
No it won't, but R&G does make a Versys specific tail tidy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got the Targa Fender Eliminator kit and am very happy with it.
I don't see an emoticon for it, but...

This post is worthless without pics! :) Or at least a link... I found a couple results when I did a web search - not sure which one you have. Also, do you have the side luggage? Because you have to move the blinkers back when you mount the luggage, I'm curious if/which fender eliminators work with the luggage...

Thanks!
Jen

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think WillieFlo likes red! Nice bike...the wheels do look great!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Fellas,
Yeah, I have a thing for Red and Black......I like Electric Blue too...but it's just hard to find vehicles I can afford in that color....A Viper GTSr would do nicely:yeahsmile: and the Shelby GT500KR I want is pretty hard to get a hold of right now:(.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
On painting the wheels, since I've had many requests for advice on this.

1. Hand sand with 800 grit sandpaper
2. Wet sand with 1000 grit for smoothing it all out.
3. Wash with soap and water to remove any oils(chain lube) from wheels.
4. Final clean with "Prep-All" to make sure metal is clear of any residure, oils, etc.
5. Mask off tires and rest of the bike if not removing wheels. Don't forget the valve stem! Use wide masking tape for sidewalls of tires. Push edge of tape down into gap between between wheel edge and tire bead. It goes in pretty far.
5. I used Gloss Black Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel (since Black was not available in the Duplicolor line of Aluminum Wheel Paint, darkest was Metallic Charcoal)
6. Give 1 medium coat followed by 2 light coats for full coverage on both sides of wheel.
7. Allow to dry at least 1 hour, then remove masking and roll bike to do next section of wheels.
8. When all sections are done allow 1 hour to dry before removing all masking and enjoying.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts