Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying another bike, keeping the Versys and wanting a super low noise, smooth running , quiet exhaust and engine sport bike...used ,not new...around $5000...or less...so far I came up with a Honda F4I, Yamaha R6S, Kawasaki ZZR...Suzuki Gsxr..any more ideas for really stealthy piped bikes?:feedback:Cheers Too bad electric bikes are not around yet, because I would love to have an electric motor sport bike like that one that just did well at WERA Auto Club Speedway race...just gear whine and the wind would be nice for a change...:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
180 Posts
what are you looking for in the new bike besides being smooth and quiet? Do you need something more powerful than the versys? Or are you looking for something to tool around town on like you stole it?

F4i would be good for a slight power upgrade from the Versys, the ZZR too but it has carbs (dont know if that is an issue). If you are looking for more power any 600 cc sport bike pre 2006 with a stock exhaust. If you want mid range grunt check out the 919 or z1000.

Now if you want a bike that you can push to its limits on city streets and can handle almost as well as sport bikes check out klx250sf (19 rwHP), wr250x (25 rwHP), CBR250 (25 crank HP).

I am going to be adding a 2011 TU250x this year to my stable just for that reason. I am guessing this is not your style tho, but my plan is to ride it around town like i stole it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whisper Quiet Stock Exhaust....

Thanks, the Zero is cool but a $10,000 dirt bike is not really too cool...right now anyway... I think the stock mufflers on most sport bikes have shrunk in size lately so I'm going to try and find a little older Honda F4I with a huge quiet muffler like this... cheers:loveeyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
They are ALL quiet when they have the OEM pipe on....I don't care what you choose, if it's stock, it's quiet!

·
Registered
875 Posts
+1
They are ALL quiet when they have the OEM pipe on....I don't care what you choose, if it's stock, it's quiet!
Ride my SV1000S regularly like this morning, stock pipe it's plenty quiet. Nice rumble idling at red lights and low level whine of the gear driven cam shafts at speeds. But alas it's considered a sport touring bike.

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
X2! :thumb: (even Harleys....). :eek:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noisy Motors...

That Suzuki SV sounds like a great bike...My friend has a Honda VFR 750 1997 and the gear drive cams sound sweet... Now that is a smooth running, well built motor...:goodidea: Cheers...Malcolm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts