Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
what altitude are you where you took the photos, thought you would be heading into warmer weather in northern hemisphere, about due for mountains to start getting snow where i am

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
According to Wikipedia the highest point on the Appalachian Gap is 2,375 ft (724 m). I live only a few miles away and any time I want to get out for a quick ride this is where I go. I don't mind the snow I just wasn't expecting to see it when I went over the gap. Here is some video that I took on the V, of the gap, last year.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Cool! Just down the road from me ( well, a little ways ). My brother runs the gap all the time ( from the Huntington side to Waitsfield ) on his Buell. Nice road, not quite ready to run it on the Versys yet but hit it all the time in the Miata.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool! Just down the road from me ( well, a little ways ). My brother runs the gap all the time ( from the Huntington side to Waitsfield ) on his Buell. Nice road, not quite ready to run it on the Versys yet but hit it all the time in the Miata.

I'm on the Waitsfield side. I've gone over the gap about 5 times so far this year. If you ever want to meet up for a ride let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts