Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So under the bike there is a small hole in the muffler the big wide part underneath is that suppoed to drip condensation or something? It happens after the bike runs for a bit. Just got this bike it hasn't been used in awhile... so wanted to check.

thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Combustion produces many by products... Condensation is one of them.... Every gasoline engine does this... Ever wonder why mufflers on older vehicles used to rust faster than the rest of the car... Well, now you know... It's normal now go out and ride your bike...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
The hole is in fact there to let accumulated water out, just like on cars and trucks... There is about one gallon of water produced for every gallon of gasoline consumed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hole is in fact there to let accumulated water out, just like on cars and trucks... There is about one gallon of water produced for every gallon of gasoline consumed.
thanks invader I was pretty sure what htat was. I just got htis bike a few hours ago unloaded at my front door just wanted to make sure. Just a little paranoid.....

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
thanks invader I was pretty sure what htat was. I just got htis bike a few hours ago unloaded at my front door just wanted to make sure. Just a little paranoid.....
Remember that when you're paranoid, you're never alone. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts