Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call at work last thursday. My son is in the Army, and at Ft. Bragg, NC. It seams he had emergancy surgury to remove a tumer from the lower base of the spine. He is fine, but he wants to come home, and with the medication he can't drive. I loaded up the bags and got the bike cleaned and lubed. I work 3rd shift. Worked thusday night, came hoe Fri. morning and slept till noon. Drank a bunch of coffee, checked my gear and left. I am in northern Indiana and it has been real hot. So without further thought I wore my new Firstgear textile jacket. Zipped across Ohio to 77 south through West Va. I like to froze my backside off in the mountains that night. I stoped and put in a long sleave shirt. Then I stopped and put on a down vest. Then I got smart and put my rain gear on to block the wind. How do I spell relief? Warm..
When ever I stopped for fuel or coffee the bike caused quite a stir. I came out of a coffee shop to find 6 truckers standing around it. There first comment was, It's not as ugly in person. Can I sit on it. It also seams to draw a lot of interest from the Harley crowd.
Well I picked up my son. We loaded the bike in his truck for the drive home. (Oh the shame) Round trip time was 36 hours. I ran the bike hard for 13 hours to go 800 miles. It averaged 53 mpg. And this is the first bike that my butt still liked me after all that time in the seat. I have the Vario screen and will recomend it to anyone under 6ft.
Would I do it again? Can't wait. Lets see, heated grips. Heated clothing. Some music. Lock and load. Lets roll.
Get on your bike and ride.:)
Paul

·
Registered
83 Posts
WOW. I hope your son has a speedy recovery. I have had some interesting looks from others over my bike. Most agree that it looks better in person.

Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
440 Posts
+1 on well wishes for your son.

People always stop to ask me what mine is because I removed the decals. It is a truely fantastic machine!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Best wishes to your son, back injuries are no fun!

I have similar experiences where ever I drive. Other bikers on the highway stare at the Versys with a wondering look. The few places I've stopped, other riders come over and question me about it, without the badges noone has a clue, but most love the feel when they sit on it. I hear a lot of, wow thats the most comfortable bike I've been on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just had another complement. I came out of the store during lunch to fine an older couple looking the bike over. They were very impressed with the looks and styling. The said they road until a couple of years ago when they had to give it up for health reasons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Best wishes for your son.
Never had so many looks and questions- I like to sit having a coffe and watch people look and try and figure out what it is. None of my other bikes or any of my friend's get the same attention. Truly a unique bike.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all,

:thumb:Thanks everyone for the good wishes. They removed the growth from the right buttock. He can sit just fine now and asked me to say thanks to all. I took the Kawasaki badges off my bike today and installed braided brake lines. Still a work in progress, but so is life.
To all of those in the Military,past and present. Thank You. And to all who support our men and women in service, A realy Big thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
From one Vet to another May GOD give him the strength to kick that tumor like he kicks the enemy A$$! GO ARMY!! Being Air Force I deeply respect every Army member and I will fight right next to them any day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts