Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '09 is in the shop for its 15K service. 1) is there any consensus on whether going to a lighter/different fork oil can improve compliance? if so, recommendations? I don't think changing the stack is in my mechanic's skill set. 2) recommendations for replacement brake pads, particularly anything that would improve the rear brake performance. I am having the lines replaced with braided stainless steel. 3) I want to have a couple of power outlets added, probably in the black plastic "dashboard" or on the handlebar; suggested sources? thanks in advance for your suggestions and/or photos.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The rear brake can be re-adjusted so that you don't have to put it to the ground to try to get it to engage. Your mechanic should be able to do that for you.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
EBC brake pads improved front brake feel on my '08. The brake fluid that came out when I flushed the rear brake line was black and nasty. The original rear pads were fine for wear so I left them. New fluid alone improved the feel of the rear brakes.

I have a Powerlet 12v outlet (BMW style, not ASE) on the right dash. Good place for it. Got mine from White Horse Gear; also available from Twisted Throttle, lots of Amazon and eBay suppliers, and direct from Powerlet. The handlebar mount is an easier install but costs more. Consider wiring it switched so you can't leave power on by mistake.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
my '09 is in the shop for its 15K service. 1) is there any consensus on whether going to a lighter/different fork oil can improve compliance? if so, recommendations? I don't think changing the stack is in my mechanic's skill set. 2) recommendations for replacement brake pads, particularly anything that would improve the rear brake performance. I am having the lines replaced with braided stainless steel. 3) I want to have a couple of power outlets added, probably in the black plastic "dashboard" or on the handlebar; suggested sources? thanks in advance for your suggestions and/or photos.
My forks ('08) are WAY better since I changed the fork oil to ATF that I get at WalMart. Invader posted that it has a viscosity of 7.7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts