Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought two Nautilus horns, one for my Versys and one for my wife's SV650N. I'm contemplating installing these horns on a separate button so stock horns are left intact.
One question I have is, is it possible to give a "friendly toot" with this thing? You know, short "beep, beep". If it's possible to toot with it without everybody around crapping their pants, I can install it instead of the stock horn.
Also, anybody running stock horn and the Nautilus? Or perhaps installed them on a separate button?

I realize that muscle memory will take a bit to learn to hit the GTFO my way one if it's on a separate button.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
No, the Stebel doesn't have a "friendly" feature. It's going to be loud no matters how you press the button.

I'd say that as little as the horn is needed, don't worry about needing a friendly toot. Yeah it may scare someone if you use it in those friendly situations, but I'd much rather have that than not have a loud horn when it's really needed.

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard of a horn that if you press it briefly the normal horn will sound, and if you hold it longer than a second the secondary (OMG thats Loud) horn goes off...

I'll attempt to track it down.

http://screaming-banshee.com/

Looks like you can just buy the control module and use your own horn 'WIN'
That is a very interesting idea...

No, the Stebel doesn't have a "friendly" feature. It's going to be loud no matters how you press the button.
Thought so.

Been using the Stebel Nautilus (and Wolo BadBoy) for years: I find that the LENGTH of your 'toot' tells the story.
Thought that as well! :D

I think I'm just gonna wire it with the stock horn button.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts