Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found this answer on here yet so;

When you put on a slip-on exhaust, do you have to do anything to the engine. I have read all about the throttle bodies, p-valves, and pcms, but is it required to change anything up. Why do I ask this? I would like to keep my warranty intact while I have it.:feedback:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
No modifications are required. If you want more than just a little (or a lot, depending on the pipe you choose) extra noise, then you'd have to do more than that. Still, even with a PC and host of other mods, I have yet to see significant gains from these mods.

Gustavo

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to make sure that nothing needs to be adjusted when you put a slip on exhaust on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey motorbum,

No modifications are required for a slip-on. I have an Arrow full system and a BMC air filter and the results were incredible. The power and drivability on the bike are completely different; the power and torque is up and very noticeable throughout the entire rev range making the bike so much more fun.

Salut

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey FJS, did you notice less power in the low range given the reduced back-pressure?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Hacktracker,

Well, to my enormous surprise was just that, on the contrary; it gained performance from around 2,500 all the way to 10,5. That is on torque (I did leave the baffle in on the muffler because on long ride, too loud) and around 6 she becomes even more happier. I have never experienced this on any bike from just those mods, not on any race bike of any type that I have competed on or owned(Road, Cross, Enduro, Quads, scooters, X-country) you name it. I also have larger dual tourers and same thing, none have taken these simple inexpensive mods so well and noticeable to the rider as the V.

On just Arrow full system, it comes with a dyno run and states 67.48 rear wheel HP, WOW. Add an air filter and even better, you can feel it big time. The best part is the fuel economy did not suffer, it got better; 130-150 km/hr and she still does 84 km/us gl. = 52.17 mi/gl. Take her light and she will do 55 mi./gl easy. Mine is a US model, same color as you guys, FYI.

PCIII, no need in my opinion, only on my big strom did I need it to help with the lack of fuel maps on the ECU (16 bit instead of 32) to smooth her out.

If you try this setup, I think you will be very happy with it, I started out just muffler, then air filter 'till I added the head pipe, then it all came together very nicely.

Hope this helps out

Salut

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts