Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being one to buck the system or go against the grain here, I just thought I'd throw this out and get opinions...

To me, the "Versys Sighting" thread is for those who have sighted a rider and for those on the forum who have been sighted. Maybe there are other functions for the thread than that, I don't know.

I have noticed that the thread is now well over 430 posts long. Not so bad to post a sighting, but a little more effort to go through to see if you were spotted. Plus, if you took a long vacation you'd have to go through several posts.

So here's my thought - to make each sighting a separate thread with the location in the title:

Versys Sighting : Possum Trot, KY
Versys Sighting : Searcy County, AR

If I took a long ride to Virginia and saw on the post a sighting in Maine I could just ignore it. But, if there was one for Nuttsville, VA and I had been through there...I'd check it out! Plus, it seems it would be easier to search for on the forum.

Thoughts anyone? :goodidea: or :badidea:

·
Premium Member
16,101 Posts
:goodidea:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I never read the thread, probably because I don't expect I've been sighted. I never post to it, because I don't expect others read the thread that much, and I surprisingly haven't sighted many Versi around. Plus the thread is really only interesting when you have sighted someone or you've been sighted...

If I saw a sighting thread near me, I would probably check it out...

·
Premium Member
16,101 Posts
I surprisingly haven't sighted many Versi around.

It does happen i got one on camera once. While on the way the to Neptunes Net

·
Premium Member
16,101 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
So here's my thought - to make each sighting a separate thread with the location in the title:

Versys Sighting : Possum Trot, KY
Versys Sighting : Searcy County, AR

Thoughts anyone? :goodidea: or :badidea:
Personally, I would hate to see dozens of sighting threads.. The forum would become full of individual threads...:( I even try to mention the big thread when new ones are created.. I am subscribed to the current thread and read it when a new post is made but if I quickly realize it is somewhere else, I just move on. My $.02

·
Registered
670 Posts
i didnt even know there was a sighting thread. i just hit the "new posts" link and view what's interesting. no expectation that i've been sighted, s i guess it never catches my eye. but if it see memphis or tennessee in the title... click.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I like the combined thread. I think it's kinda cool to see where others get spotted all in one place. I'm lazy what can I say...

·
Registered
770 Posts
To cut down the number of threads how about by state or province or county (UK). Also create a sub section for this to post under. There is also a search feature to quickly scan.

Versys Sighting : Ohio
Versys Sighting : Ontario
Versys Sighting: Florida

I'm just guessing but their can't be that many Versys's to sight in Possum Trot, KY.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
To cut down the number of threads how about by state or province or county (UK). Also create a sub section for this to post under. There is also a search feature to quickly scan.

Versys Sighting : Ohio
Versys Sighting : Ontario
Versys Sighting: Florida

I'm just guessing but their can't be that many Versys's to sight in Possum Trot, KY.
There could still be 50+ threads that way :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I like the "by state/province/county" idea better. Easy to bookmark the areas you ride in and forget the rest.

Since there are a whole lot more riders seen than respond to the sightings my guess is that the post will get buried rather quickly with all the other stuff posted.

Oh yeah, Possum Trot, KY is right off I-24 near Paducah, right between Nashville and St. Louis. I'm guessin' there's a bunch of traffic that passes through there!

·
Premium Member
16,101 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts