Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my versys last week and today the side cases came in (Kawasaki accessory - which seems like Givi made?).

While the instructions were not great, I was able to get through most of the install of the rack. The one problem is when I put the rear lights on the extenders, the wire doesn't seem to reach (misses by about an inch...).

Has anyone seen this? I started running out of daylight and rather than rigging up some lights I figured I'd start fresh tomorrow. Just thought someone might have been through this already.

Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your right they are too short. I put a pair of GIVI E41's on and barely had enough wire to do it. I re routed the wire on the right side up through the back. there are some small spaces that you can fit the wire through. I also had to splice the left side so it would reach but it is working fine. A word of caution. When pulling up to refuel be careful, as your bags stick farther than you think.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was able to install the Givi side bags and there was enough room to leave the stock turn signals as is. I couldn't see any need to relocate the turn signals. The only concern might be that you can't see them from the side.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I flipped the extension brackets arounf the other way and the existing wires were long enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not crazy (at least about this one...). I will let you know how it works out. I'm hoping to avoid splicing and soldering if possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to update the thread, as everyone suggested I had to splice and extend the wires. I heat shrink wrapped them as well. Other than the wiring, the job was really easy. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts