Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of installing heated grips on my Versys. So far, so good. The last step is tying the switch to the positive side of the battery. However, I'd like to avoid going directly to the battery (it doesn't take too much imagination to see how you could drain down the battery). So . . .

Does anyone have a clever idea of where to tie in to a SWITCHED power lead? IOW, I'd like the heated grip switch to be powered up only when the key is in the ON position. Better yet, the switch would receive power only when the motor was running.

I thought of soldering in to the headlight, but I'm cognizant that the total load might far exceed the fuse. Thanks in advance to anyone knowledgeable that can take time out from their turkeyfest to offer an idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I settled on the Eastern Beaver fuseblock. I already have two 12v outlets for heated jackets, a horn circuit, a lighting circuit for my topcase. Rather than cobble something together with yet another relay, I decided (based on all of your excellent input) to just spring for the fuseblock and run everything into this. Much better than doing it piecemeal. Thanks for the quick input. Especially the guy in England that woke up 8 hours earlier than the rest of us. Jeremy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.