Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Versys and a local dealer has a 2013 and a used 2009 with 6500 miles on it. Is there any major changes between those years that I should go with the new 2013?

Thanks,
Rod

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Besides color and some updated body panels, the only real difference is rubber for the engine mount. The Versys is pretty much bullet proof so a low mileage '09 for a good price would be my choice, especially if it already has some aftermarket bits that you'd want anyway.

I'd want to know about the maintenance records (after 4 years it should certainly have new brake fluid), I'd check the tires (if they're original there's not much life left on them), I'd check the brakes, and I'd take it for a ride.

Save yourself a couple or three grand buying used and put the savings into gas and trips!

·
Premium Member
16,265 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rubber engine mounts, better mirrors and footpegs, and some cosmetic upgrades on 2010+

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to the dealer last night. The 09 was pretty rough. They have a new 2011 for $7344 and a 2013 for $7999.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The dealer is at least $900 too high on the 2011. Unless you really like that particular dealership, then shop around. You'll see that you can find 2011 for quite a bit less than that.

jf

·
Registered
197 Posts
The dealer is at least $900 too high on the 2011. Unless you really like that particular dealership, then shop around. You'll see that you can find 2011 for quite a bit less than that.

jf
+1

I got my 2012 for less than that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Keep looking for a good used one. I have a 2008 that I paid a little over $4K for it two years ago. Buy a good used bike for a lot less and use some of the savings on farkles.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I also pickup my '09 for a smokin' good deal, 4400 with tons of add on's and riding gear that acually fit me. I drove 5 hours one way to get mine. Several here have traveled much longer to get a good deal. Just my two cents worth.

Keep looking an checking and have the money ready for when the deal comes along and you will be ready to jump on it..

Happy searching..

·
Registered
354 Posts
A new 2011 or even a 2012 should be around $6499 or less. I'd look around for a used Versys from a private party as opposed to a dealer that is going to have to mark up the price. I bought my 2012 new last December for $6999 Out The Door after not being able to find any used ones in Oregon in December.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Bike prices from dealers can be dramatically cheaper in larger urban centers were there is more price competition. My advice would be to consider shopping further afield by phone. UHaul motorcycle trailers are $20 a day to rent. I've done this with cars. It is important to stress to the sales person you are talking to though that you will buy if the price is right and give them a credit card deposit by phone, other wise you will just get the MSRP as they are not used to negotiating on price by phone.

·
Super Moderator
19,947 Posts
My '09, a BRAND NEW 'left-over' in November '10, was $4856 in Casa Grande, AZ (no tax, till I got it back to the Canadian Border).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts