Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealer has the Versys 300 (no abs) for 3699 and that gets me out the door under 5K. Is this a good deal or is the abs worth paying more for? They only have 2019's with ABS. They are 5799 before any other fees.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Get the ABS and find a new dealer. There is a dealer in Rockingham, NC that sometimes has pretty good pricing and have heard good things about them. No personal experience with them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’ve had mostly non ABS bikes even my 2017 Z900 is non abs . If you ride wisely non abs will be fine & you will be saving close to $ 1500 dollars on that 300x compared to the OTDP of the Abs model, But if you could find a Abs model at a good/great price that would be the #1 choice......

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wouldn't ride any bike that doesn't have ABS. Doesn't pay to save money by not getting ABS.
5k out of the door is cheap.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Get the ABS and find a new dealer. There is a dealer in Rockingham, NC that sometimes has pretty good pricing and have heard good things about them. No personal experience with them.
I did a fly and ride for my new '12 Concours 14 from Rockingham. My local dealer said they must be getting a volume discount from Kawasaki because it was below his cost.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
A local dealer has the Versys 300 (no abs) for 3699 and that gets me out the door under 5K. Is this a good deal or is the abs worth paying more for? They only have 2019's with ABS. They are 5799 before any other fees.

Thoughts?
The $3700 is a good price. In my state tax and tag would make the OTD price $4100. $900 in dealer fees is a joke. That is why some bikes are just better off being purchased used.

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
239 Posts
I will never own a bike without ABS. Huge difference. Has saved several people I know and me more than once. Cheap insurance. Your life is worth a few more bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts