Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was thinking about becoming a rider and have done some looking around. What I've read is incouraging. Looking for some help. Would this bike be an alright first motorcycle? Another quick question, is the bike comfortable for someoone tall? I'm 6'2" with long legs....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Was curious about the leg room. The bike really sounds and looks like a great all around bike. Still wondering if it would make a good first bike.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm 6'4" tall and it's a good fit. You'll be able to flat foot this baby, no problem. That will give you confidence if you choose this as your first bike.

Arguments go back and forth as to what is the best first bike - old/new, small cc/big cc, etc.

It comes down to you and what you think you can handle in a safe and sane manner. I started on a 650cc bike (single cylinder) and it worked out great for me. This is my second 650cc and for me, the 650cc standard is my ideal motorcycle.

You should sign up for the MSF Basic Rider Course or whatever it's called in your area as a first step. Take the class and then decide if this is an ideal first bike for you.

I think the bike is manageable and mild mannered under 6000 RPMs - keep it under 4000 during your break-in period and you shouldn't have any problems. This will give you time to learn and get used to the bike.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have it as a first bike, but I would reserver you desicion until after you take a BRC and get soem training. You might find a 250cc bike may be better suited for a beginning bike. I did really well in my BRC and my instructor actually recommended the Versys.

Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your help. Always like to get opinions from other that have gone through the same situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:confused:Problem that I'm seeing now is that I work 2nd shift with odd days off. All of the BRC's in the area are evening classes and weekends. Can't take that many days off in a row....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts