Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to ask a question about the Airhawk in an older thread but got no replies so thought I'd just start a new thread since I need an answer soon.

I've read practically every thread on the Airhawk and many mention the Airhawk "R" for the Versys. On Airhawk's website they mention two "R" models,... a "Cruiser R Large" and a "Cruiser R Small". Nowhere that I can find does anyone mention which size of the R model fits the Versys.

Which size of the "Airhawk Cruiser R" works best for the Versys?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As luck would have it, within 5 minutes of the time that I posted this thread, someone answered this same question in the old thread, so I'll go ahead and document the answer here.

The cushion for the Versys among Airhawk's new models is the "Cruiser R Large".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got one for my GS. Best tip I read is when you get it, inflate it and put it on a hard chair. Sit on it and slowly deflate until your sit bones contact the chair. Then just put a light puff more air in.

Your sit bones should just barely touch the surface. This way the pad fills the gaps and removes hot spots. It works really well, though it is subtle at first. You know it works when you realize two hours later that the seat isn't making you squirm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have had and used an older model AirHawk for many years and loved it. I tried it with the Versys and it actually made the OEM seat worse (it's a medium cruiser size). I'll have to play with the air pressure and positioning to see if it will work.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got one for my GS. Best tip I read is when you get it, inflate it and put it on a hard chair. Sit on it and slowly deflate until your sit bones contact the chair. Then just put a light puff more air in.
Thanks for the Tip.

Sitting on a chair to adjust the air should be much easier than doing it on the bike. Not having ridden yet with my recently received Airhawk, I tried adjusting it while on the bike and was not satisfied with the result as it left me unable to flatfoot the bike. I'll try the chair idea and see what happens.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I used an Airhawk for long days or trips on a prior bike; works brilliantly. As noted above, resist the temptation to over-inflate it. It should look pretty "flat" sitting on your seat. It'll give you a slightly disconnected-from-the-bike feel, but you get used to it, and I imagine the upright Versys seating position may lessen that effect compared to bikes on which the rider leans forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts