Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with the OEM Fog Lamps / Aux Lights system (no custom wiring) let me know whether it is independent from the high beam and low beam? So if one were to switch between low or high beam, it does not affect the fog lamps.

I know there are systems out there that turns off the aux lights when high beams are enabled. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They stay on with high and low beam. They can only be turned off and on via the switch. I keep mine on 24/7 for visiblility

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Honda CTX1300 has factory fog lamps and turning the high beam on cancels them. Always kind of bothered me, so I was particularly psyched that my X doesn't do that (also have factory, also recommend, and also leave them on all the time).

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not sure about the OEM fog lights but on my home made system they are powered independently in the aux. circuit and I wired in a simple hi-lo switch. Low is plenty for daytime running lights and sometimes you want all the light you can get in conjunction with your headlights. Saves some wasted heat energy and wear and tear that your hard-working stator has to produce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts