Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bar risers and flatfoot yesterday and the riser is great. I was pretty sure that is what I needed and I was right. wow! what a difference. the ? is about the flatfoot being kind of loose around the inside area. opposite side from the spring. I am a little concerned whether it is going to be making a bunch of racket every time I hit a bump in the road. anyone had this problem?id say their is about a 1/4 inch play there. its a little cool out (30's) but I guess I will need to take a ride and see whats what. -----------

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the flatfoot from motowerk and have been completely satisfied with it. It's got the same bit of wiggle room that you're talking about, but I've had it on for months with no problems and I haven't noted any noise or rattling at all. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Same here. There is a little wiggle but I've not noticed any rattling at all. The bit of wiggle might be a clever Speedy trick to allow just a little movement so the foot will sit flat should the ground be somewhat less than flat. Perhaps?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, didn't get to go for a test ride, but if you guys don't have any problems, I guess it will be fine. if not, ill shoot some silicone in there maybe. not a big fan of loose parts clanging and banging when I hit a rough patch of asphalt--------thanks for the replys replies? hmmmm neither one looks right----

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Earplugs work great

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Do you just throw them on the ground and then put the kickstand on top of them?

My flatfoot has the same amount of play, I was concerned that it may vibrate when I installed mine as well, but it doesn't, or if it does, I don't hear it.
I don't typically wear ear plugs but I do wear glasses.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, I finally got out for a ride today. a little cool but not bad. my flatfoot didnt make any noise or at least I didn't hear it. way better riding position with the riser.----------

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
The "wiggle" is a design feature allowing the flatfoot to adjust to the ground, which usually is not flat - this makes parking the bike that much safer. There should be no rattling involved - that's the beauty of my design. And believe me, I hate any clanking noises as much as the other guy, so I made sure that this would not be an issue :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
The "wiggle" is a design feature allowing the flatfoot to adjust to the ground, which usually is not flat - this makes parking the bike that much safer. There should be no rattling involved - that's the beauty of my design. And believe me, I hate any clanking noises as much as the other guy, so I made sure that this would not be an issue :)
Indeed, the spring, if properly fitted will stop any possible rattle. The flex it allows makes the flatfoot even more secure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts