Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New guy from Spring Hill FL. Picked up a Versys, now the fun beings. Looking to add bags first off. Any recommendations on mounting he and bags? Or where to purchase from?

Hope to learn tons from you all!

Mike

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Most folks here have Givi style bags. I came off a KLR so I lean toward adventure touring style bags. Happy trails makes bags and racks to fit the Versys. You can also use Happy Trails racks with other cases like Pelican 1550 and similar.

A rack and topcase is sometimes a better solution, lighter, cheaper, less drag. I am using a rack made by one of the guys here, very nice piece of work, and a small Rubbermaid Actionpacker as a topcase, but, again, I came off a KLR.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hi everyone,

New guy from Spring Hill FL. Picked up a Versys, now the fun beings. Looking to add bags first off. Any recommendations on mounting he and bags? Or where to purchase from?

Hope to learn tons from you all!

Mike
Welcome to the V2 family. Just use the search function and you can get a TON of ideas:thumb: on how you want to dress it out.

·
Registered
929 Posts
For bags, the OEM equipment only allow for either the top rack or the side racks...not both.

I can't provide detailed help on racks for the 2010+ bikes, but I'm sure others will offer great advice. And the search function will be your friend...there is a lot of great information on this site.

In general, a number of manufacturers offer aftermarket racks, with SW-Motech,, Givi, and Hepco-Becker being the most well known. Happy-Trail.com also offer side racks if you like using Pelican cases or aluminum panniers. In some cases, they allow top and side cases to be used (Givi). In others, they may not (SW-Motech, according to Twisted Throttle's website).

As for vendors, I'm a proponent of shopping locally, simply because if local dealers do not sell merchandise, they tend to close. That helps no one. If you want to buy online, check the vendor section of the site. As well, other dealers are Twisted Throttle and Happy-Trail.com.

Have fun, and enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome.

I like Givi bags, but they are sort of overpriced glorified tupperware, and the locks are not very strong. Their strength is that they make well engineered mounting systems for most bikes.

Pelican or Seahorse boxes can be mounted on a Versys with a little research. They are very tough. Not high style.

DaveC really covered the bases. You should decide what your style is and go from there. JC Whitney and Shad also make generic bags for the budget minded.

This company usually gets ignored. http://cariboucases.com/

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts