Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Puig windscreen for my new 2017 Versys 650 . I ordered the 9421 in place of the 5999. I was searching online and all I could find in the 5999 was dark smoke and I just wanted clear. After a lot of searching I just went to the Puig website and they listed the 9421 shield for 2015-2018 models. So maybe a good thing that I did.
here is what a email to Puig reply to me:
5999 has been superseded by 9421. 9421 has a small modificatio to fit Versys 650 from 2015 to 2018.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Interested to hear about clearance with the hand guards with it's width at the base.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I had a Puig mountes on my '15 with factory hand guards. The guards would just barely touch the shield at my handlebar setting. Rotating the handle bar forward or back would obviously change this.

BTW, it's for sale.

Reactions: tennistime99

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interested to hear about clearance with the hand guards with it's width at the base.

I have not installed the handlebar riser yet , but I did just install the Puig windscreen. When I turn the bars all the way the handguards come about a half inch from touching the screen . no problem .

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have not installed the handlebar riser yet , but I did just install the Puig windscreen. When I turn the bars all the way the handguards come about a half inch from touching the screen . no problem .
Good to know. So far I haven't ridden the bike enough to warrant swapping out the windshield.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed thew 7/8" riser and the Puig has even a little more clearance from the handgrips. And really like this windscreen , it does a real nice job of wind blocking and didn`t notice any buffeting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts