Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
For what its worth i bought a puig hugger for my 09 Was a pain to try to install i gave up and sent it back and ordered a Powerbronze Hugger. Glad i made the switch.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Agree with Weljo - Powerbronze hugger is a fairly good fit and looks good too. I live about 50 miles from their HQ on the south coast (UK).

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I went with "skidmarx's" hugger......bought it though "streetfighters by design" in California...
...fit like a charm and I was impressed with the hardware that came with it.
Good folk there at 'streetfighters by design'.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
I went with "skidmarx's" hugger......bought it though "streetfighters by design" in California...
Nice hugged Carl, I would paint it black. Still like like my Carbon fiber DIY the best and only cost me $25 bucks.:thumb:

Keep the rubber side down!
Donn:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Nice hugged Carl, I would paint it black. Still like like my Carbon fiber DIY the best and only cost me $25 bucks.:thumb:

Keep the rubber side down!
Donn:D
Donnnnnnn...
Hows the west cost green hornet rep doin' these days?
The skid marx piece comes black gel-coat....but matching the swing-arm just felt right (I always meant to go green with it when I finally got one)....and yours....It has that 'race ready' feel to it...most excellent find...rat-bastard....:joke: :D
Guess we own a pretty popular bike to have four or five different hugger makers alone...even though we hardly ever see each other!
:cheers:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Donnnnnnn...
Hows the west cost green hornet rep doin' these days?
The skid marx piece comes black gel-coat....but matching the swing-arm just felt right (I always meant to go green with it when I finally got one)....and yours....It has that 'race ready' feel to it...most excellent find...rat-bastard....:joke: :D
Guess we own a pretty popular bike to have four or five different hugger makers alone...even though we hardly ever see each other!
:cheers:
West cost is doing fine, ride every day!
rat-bastard....:joke: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Puig I got won't fit. It's going back.
I called streetfighters by design to ask if the skidmarx will fit a 2011. The guy will get back to me Monday. He quoted a price of $165 ($265 for carbon fiber).
Told him I heard about them hear and you paid $150 shipped (stated in another post). He said no way and that he's been sellng them in the U.S. for two years and never at that price. Actualy said you must be lieing. I'm right here in CA, shipping should be less. What the heck...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I called streetfighters by design to ask if the skidmarx will fit a 2011. The guy will get back to me Monday. He quoted a price of $165 ($265 for carbon fiber).
Told him I heard about them hear and you paid $150 shipped (stated in another post). He said no way and that he's been sellng them in the U.S. for two years and never at that price. Actualy said you must be lieing. I'm right here in CA, shipping should be less. What the heck...
What the hell? Does that mean we ain't going ridin' this weekend?;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to go!:stickpoke:
I see your in Tracy. I'm in the Santa Rosa area. If you ever want to come over and do a ride on Hwy 1, let me know. If that versman guy wants to go, we may have to wait for him some :D (kidding, he's my brother).

·
Registered
153 Posts
I see your in Tracy. I'm in the Santa Rosa area. If you ever want to come over and do a ride on Hwy 1, let me know. If that versman guy wants to go, we may have to wait for him some :D (kidding, he's my brother).
Let's just put it this way...if you try to pass me, the leg is going out. :p

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I may have miss quoted the price..but, I did order it direct from the manufacturer as i didn't know there was USA distributor. They bumped the order to 'Streetfighters'....which may have effected the price. ????
I was in regular communication (many e-mail updates over several months) with 'Streetfighters' regarding another manufacturers "new and improved' hugger, which was neither! that may have effected price too???? (and maybe they threw me a bone cuz I had waited for many months on"the other hugger")...
Anyway, sorry for any confusion BUT.....All parties involved DID deliver on what I believe to be Quality goods...and 'Streetfighters' were a joy to deal with. I would order from them again in a New York minute.
My apologies to both 'Streetfighters' and you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts