Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this over on versys.co.uk too. A few buddies and I are planning on a half-day ride on Saturday. Probably down 101 along the east side of the Olympic Peninsula. Let me know if you're interested. Most likely leaving mid-morning and taking the Edmonds-Kingston ferry over to the Peninsula.

-Tim

·
Registered
387 Posts
D'oh! Us Pacific Northwesterners aren't well represented here yet - if I'd known about this earlier, I wouldn't have made extensive plans for being on the southern Oregon coast. Instead of my sister visiting from Seattle, I coulda visited her and rode with you all!!

Maybe next time?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely. I'll keep you guys informed whenever we put a ride together. Just so ya know, the Sportbike/Sport Touring Northwest ride is coming up from August 21st through the 24th and is, as I have heard, an AMAZING weekend of riding. See http://www.sportbikenorthwest.com for more details. This will be my first year, but hopefully my first of many...

-Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can non-Versys join the fun? I'd be willing to meet up with you for a ride. I just rode the Canal this morning and encountered about 5 places where traffic was funneled down to one lane at a time while road repairs are completed.

Let me know if you want company. I'm on a '97 Honda ST1100.

Red

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Red,

Definitely non-Versys are invited - in fact my group of friends coming along for this ride is a FJR1300, ZX14, and a Buell Lightning. We'll most likely be taking the 10:10 ferry from Edmonds.

-Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
It can get pretty hectic at the ferry get off. May I suggest, that you turn right on HWY 104 to Port Gamble. Easy there to meet up without the chaos. From there, it is only a mile or so to the Hood Canal Bridge. I've been struggling with a cold, so if the weather is borderline to rotten, I'll have to beg off. I'll be on the "Arrest Me Red" Honda ST1100.

My cell phone # is 360-509-9486.

Red

·
Registered
624 Posts
I may be able to make it. I'll look for you at the Edmonds Terminal.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Red,

Yep, I was planning on going through Port Gamble. Probably be there a little before 11.

-Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tim,
I hope you get this in time. I've had my cold progress into full-blown sinus attack. I'm sorry, but I'll have to pass. I'm not sure my head could fit in my helmet now :)

Perhaps another day.

Red

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Red,

No problem at all. Everything went as planned and we didn't see you in Port Gamble so we continued on - then got stuck at the bridge for about 20 minutes :( Probably good you didn't come - ran into rain about half way down Hood Canal and it didn't clear until we got back to Bremerton.

I had the cold thats been going around a few weeks ago so I know what you're going through - hope you feel better soon.

-Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts