Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Even in this politically correct day, I admit I profile, especially when I'm on the freeway. And I'll adjust my riding because of it.

Worst: Chrysler 300's or whatever that gangster looking cage is. Usually with tinted out windows. Those people are just plain nuts. I'll even slow down down to let them pass and go create whatever mayhem they seem intent on causing.

Next: Soccer moms in large SUVS with cell phones in their ears. They don't go all that fast but are so oblivious they can wind up anywhere. I just gun it and blow past them.

Generally OK: Trade vans. Those guys are usually not in a hurry to go bust their buns for the day and, besides, they got signs all over the vehicle that make them easily traceable.

Whether you admit it or not I'm sure everyone has their favorites.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
For me most the idiots drive a Prius.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Hey Bill - how's your elbow comin'?

Profile - those two-wheelers that seem to have footpegs up front near the forks... and, apparently - NO mufflers, and a need to ride around in first or second gear near red-line.

Other than that - those aggressive drivers who step on it as you're passing them, then have to re-pass. Wonder what's going thru their "minds"....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Lexus SUVs for some reason and sportier cadillacs - 'important' people rushing somewhere without time to signal or watch for others....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
anyone using cellphone while driving and bus drivers. Had another one trying to take me down yesterday :dgi:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
High schoolers are my biggest worries in this small town that has no limited access highways... All residential/local business type streets and roads. Before I retired a couple of tears ago I hated to see schools fire up again the Fall. Lots more dangerous on my morning commutes.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
And what I call 'druggie cars' which are beat up inexpensive cars where it looks like the driver has crashed numerous times possibly under the influence of something or other - at least that's the way I feel around them. If they don't have much regard for their car they probably don't have much regard for me!

·
Registered
692 Posts
And what I call 'druggie cars' which are beat up inexpensive cars where it looks like the driver has crashed numerous times possibly under the influence of something or other - at least that's the way I feel around them. If they don't have much regard for their car they probably don't have much regard for me!
This. I call them P.O.S. - :clap:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I just assume everyone is stupid:censored:
Same and this approach is the best in my opinion. My personal favourite is tourist driving around middle earth on wrong side of road and icing on cake is when they stop on a blind corner to take a photo.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This is what I think to myself every single day driving in Mississippi (see below). As a young twenty-something, I feel like I'm a minority in my generation. It also really bothers me when I see fellow service members text and drive. Most people I've seen down here have very poor driving skills to begin with. Turn signals? Nah! As required! Yielding right of way? Nah, I was born with the right of way! Oh you're on a motorcycle, let me tailgate you!

:thumbdown:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha, middle aged men driving minivans, especially old beat up minivans. They're pissed off at the universe (for making them drive a minivan I suppose) and are actively seeking revenge.

Seriously though, everyone, but I do give some an extra wide berth.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok. Even in this politically correct day, I admit I profile, especially when I'm on the freeway. And I'll adjust my riding because of it.

Worst: Chrysler 300's or whatever that gangster looking cage is. Usually with tinted out windows. Those people are just plain nuts. I'll even slow down down to let them pass and go create whatever mayhem they seem intent on causing.

Next: Soccer moms in large SUVS with cell phones in their ears. They don't go all that fast but are so oblivious they can wind up anywhere. I just gun it and blow past them.

Generally OK: Trade vans. Those guys are usually not in a hurry to go bust their buns for the day and, besides, they got signs all over the vehicle that make them easily traceable.

Whether you admit it or not I'm sure everyone has their favorites.
Seems like a short list, I can predict some idiotic behavior out of just about any type of vehicle on the road.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Of course all vehicles are a potential threat and this morning on the way to work I saw one of these hitch covers on a truck and thought how appropriate it would be to have on each side of any bike!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts