Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. I use just a SMALL drop of Loctite (blue) when I use it on my bolts:
2. On my crash-bars I had to put the bolt in from the OPPOSITE side from the instructions, to get the nut to where I could put a socket onto it.
Thks so much fasteddie! appreciated - just a 'confirmation' that i'm on the right track.
I prefer to ask rather than go through reassembly and get surprised.

I believe the crash bars use the same bolt as the center stand.
So you just held onto the original bolt and nut in case you ever need it I guess... (or discard)

·
Super Moderator
20,942 Posts
...So you just held onto the original bolt and nut in case you ever need it I guess... (or discard)....
Can't say IF I did or not. IF I ever sell the bike - it'll be W/ the crash-bars...!

·
Registered
16 Posts
hmmm just re-read your response... i realized... your point on having to get the socket on the nut... reference putting it on the other side.

I used the same socket on both sides of the original when taking it off. hmmm... ie similar fit either side.
guess I'm see what happens putting it back on...

·
Premium Member
10,337 Posts
Help! please! ??
Didn't get any responses from back in the summer, but hoping someone has bought the motech center stand and installed it by now... I'm in the midst of it... motech with a 2019 versys 650.

I was a bit perplexed... I'm fairly technically inclined, work on outboard motors, but wow... those instructions.

A few questions for anyone reading...

1-loctite -- i know it says to use it. I'm hesitant. If you ever need to get something off, it's... you know. If the stuff that needs to be torqued is torqued as such - really necessary?

2- long bolt through the bike -- in mine, the nut is on the right and the bolt comes out the left. The instructions say to put the 'replacement bolt' in through the right and the bolt on the left (opposite original install). Is this what you did? I just want to ensure there's not something different between years or instructions etc. (and the long bolt and nut REPLACE the original? they won't go back on the bike?)

3- side stand - I watched a vid on youtube where the guy suspended his bike with ropes from the garage ceiling because he said you have to lift the side stand to tighten something. I'm not there yet... but not seeing how that would be... anyone else?

Quick replies most appreciated!
I am looking. Complete with photos:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts