Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone else had this problem or know what might be causing it?
after work went out got on the bike turned the key on; console turned on and went through the regular stuff oil light and neutrual light on. Pushed starter button and nothing. Tried again notthing. Third try heard the fuel injector kick in but still nothing as far as starter contact. Tried to put the bike in gear and would not go into first. put up the kick stand and rolled the bike back and forth a little and then the bike went into first gear. Held clutch in and tried to start it again. This time it started right up. Drove home and everything seemed fine. After getting home I turned the bike off and tried to start it again and the same thing happened. Pushed the starter button again a little harder and it started right up. Tried this several times and some times nothing and others it started fine. It seems like the starter is not making good contact all of a sudden or something. The bike has not been dropped or Nothing done to the bike except putting on side racks for my cases. Only thing done there was to redo the brake lights into the new brackets. unplugged and plugged back in. No rewiring at all. Don't know if this is a starter button problem or if something is draining the batteries. Any ideals?:confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Old thread, but my '08 is starting to do the same thing. Gotta mash the switch and rock it around for it to make contact. I'm gonna see about checking the interlocks... then take her down to my dealer and let them look at it. Only 6 months old, so the warranty should cover it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts