Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself a pair of Zeta XC handguards for my recently acquired 2011 V, but the throttle side of the h/bar has turned out to be a nightmare trying to install the handguard. It just won't fit.

Can I appeal to those who have installed it on their Versys to post detailed pics of the installed right-side handguard, as well as installation tips, if possible? Would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got them on mine - yes it was tight and I adjusted the guards a bit but it worked - mine is a 2009 but that should not matter right? What would you like pictures of?
Hi, thanks for replying. I'm looking for pics of the position and angle of the clamps, as well as the the part of the handguard on the balancer.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
What is the issue you're having with it?
Is the clamp getting in the way of the brake master, or are you trying to fit bar end weights on there?

I had to move the lever perches in on both sides, meant drilling another hole in the bars for the locating pin on them. I hated to do that because I think it weakens the bars. The other choice was shaving off the pin and I really didn't want to do that. I think the bars should have a cross bar, but I'll wait 'till mine pretzel and then get some protapers or renthals or something.

More details please....

Here's my handguards mounted:

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I've done both an '08 and an '09. You delete the bar-end weights, and 'juggle' a bit to leave room by the brake line. :goodluck:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, for taking the trouble to reply with pics :thumb:

I tried to install the guards outside the bar-ends, and this was what made it so difficult. It seems to me that the only way to install it easily is to drop the bar-ends. But my question is, does that contribute to increased H/bar vibration? Anyway, I'll try it out and see.

Thanks again

cheers :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi ST, thanks for the tip. Looks like you got around the problem by shortening the balancer. I guess if that's what works, I'm gonna try it, although I must say I'm a bit wary of cutting off something that looks nice in its original state.

cheers :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts