Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which company has the best price for

"Mobil 1 98JA11 Racing 4T 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil for Sport Bikes"

I just purchased Case of 6, 1 Quart, for $62.40 delivered in 2 days to my door.

Specifically where is it available reliably at a equal or better price?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Could I have done better?
Not much. I can occasionally find it for under $10/quart but then the next time I go back that store no longer carries it, is out, raised the price, etc.

I've used MX4T in my Speed Triple since I bought it with 6,000 miles on the odometer, because that was the oil Triumph recommended. It's coming up on its 92,000-mile oil change and I have no complaints yet, so I guess that's a testimonial of sorts.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Wow. I just buy four quarts of Rotella 15-40 for like $13.
geeesus Spackler, if yer gonna go cheap just buy sewing machine oil... why go with that expensive Rotella ****?
Sewing machine oil??? Isn't that stuff about $2 for a 1 ounce squirt bottle? (Which makes an oil-change about... let me see... $128 PLUS filter!!!)

;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Rotella is excellent oil.I ride a VTX 1800 and it quieted the motor and vastly improved shifting.Is it better than M1?No.Is it better than it even needs to be to protect your motorcycle engine?I believe so.

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Change mine every 5,000 miles (8,000 kms on the BC '09), and today was the day - 35,001 miles: 2 qts of Mobil1 15w-50 and 1 ST 7317 filter, for a total of about $15.

Gotta love it!
:thumb:

·
Registered
688 Posts
That stuff goes for $6 and change for a quart in all of the auto shops around here. Not sure why it was so much for you. Did you check locally before ordering it online? Sure they tell you "free shipping" but just add to the cost of the product to make up for it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's on "special" right now at my local Canadian Tire... for $17/litre. No, really, no thanks.

What I use - conventional CTC Motorcycle oil - is $6/litre.

If I could get M14T for $6/litre, I'd use it. It's probably the best oil, with the best additive package, made.

(Actually, I probably can... but I'd have to order a drum of it... :))

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
It's on "special" right now at my local Canadian Tire... for $17/litre. No, really, no thanks.

What I use - conventional CTC Motorcycle oil - is $6/litre.

If I could get M14T for $6/litre, I'd use it. It's probably the best oil, with the best additive package, made.

(Actually, I probably can... but I'd have to order a drum of it... :))
In Canada I wait for a sale at Can. Tire and get a 5L container for around $30, for M1 15w-50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts