Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know about my recent back surgery and here is the update.

I had back surgery about 4 weeks ago. Was starting to feel pretty good by day 10 of my recovery when I twisted and had a major setback. The symptoms that caused me to have surgery became worse after the twisting incident. Then 2 days ago I had another set back while scooting forward in a kitchen chair. Had I known this was awaiting me I would not have had the surgery. Please pray for the Lord to bring healing for my back. I am walking around on egg shells wondering what pain is going to jab me next. Plus the emotional and psychological battle has been equally hard as I try to deal with the huge regret I feel for having the surgery. I was very active prior to the surgery but now can barely function. Thank you, Tim.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
Prayers Sent....

·
Registered
445 Posts
More prayers sent your way Tim. Also a wish that with a little more time you won't regret having the surgery. Good Luck - positive thoughts also being sent your way.
Chuck

·
Registered
759 Posts
Prayers your way.

Stay positive and let these incidents be your gauge, meaning, even the simplest things might tweek ya some. Therefore, Netflix/Recliner/TV Remote!

Get better, sir!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Have you contacted the surgeon? When I was first recovering from my surgery and was just walking around the inside of the house I got a shock wave down my leg like I had just stuck my finger in a light socket! The put me on a steroid pack and that helped reduce the inflammation. You also want to monitor your temperature to make sure you are not getting an infection. Mine took 3 months to fester and grow enough to put me down and I was thinking the whole time that it was part of healing and rehabilitating.

Make sure you are communicating with your caregivers. My Dad always replies with "Fantastic" when anyone asks him how he is doing. I have to continually bug him to provide more information than that to those who want to know what his real situation is.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you contacted the surgeon? When I was first recovering from my surgery and was just walking around the inside of the house I got a shock wave down my leg like I had just stuck my finger in a light socket! The put me on a steroid pack and that helped reduce the inflammation. You also want to monitor your temperature to make sure you are not getting an infection. Mine took 3 months to fester and grow enough to put me down and I was thinking the whole time that it was part of healing and rehabilitating.
I don't have any signs of infection. Been in communication with my surgeons PA. Going to order an MRI to make sure nothing inside has gone south.

Thanks for your concern and input. Very much appreciated.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
9,117 Posts
Mri

I don't have any signs of infection. Been in communication with my surgeons PA. Going to order an MRI to make sure nothing inside has gone south.

Thanks for your concern and input. Very much appreciated.

Tim.
Good to hear you have intelligent surgeons , it took several Xrays, Ultra sound and finally almost 12 months after my injury to get a MRI done, nothing else showed a problem, both the Xray in March and MRI showed a partially torn ACL and partially torn meniscus along with a protrusion from the meniscus, I just got a appointment for a orthopedic surgeon and got a custom brace, my biggest concern was having my left leg knee let go while sitting at a stop light ( happens without warning and swells up within 2 hours time ). I was told that all three for me is required, physio which is about 45 minutes twice a day exercises, the knee brace which I am told could take several months to get use to and possible surgery.
So Tim, now that you have the Flash, I sure hope you heal, and yes, like anything the more active you are the faster things heal, always best if you have professionals that truly believe in helping you and give solid advice.

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
231 Posts
Hope your back heals soon. Back surgery is never easy or fun. My partners are physicians and they say they would only get back surgery as a last resort. That said, if you haven’t had the MRI to reveal soft tissue damage, get one as others have suggested. Backs take time to heal and it’s painful - amazingly delicate for all they do and so easy to injure. Hopefully yours is just going through the natural progression of healing. Follow your docs advice and get a second opinion to reinforce their guidance if needed. That saved my life. If nothing else, you’ll sleep better knowing your docs are on the right path - or perhaps a better path us possible. The more heads the better.

In the mean time, best wishes. You will get through this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts