Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just bought Powermadd handguards for the 2010. After much trial and error, I found it easiest to mount the brackets over the top of the bars rather than where the install sheet indicated. They want them mounted down, but on the right bar there is clearance issues with the front brake/wiring routing. Over the top solves this. Now - I suspect I will need to adjust the angle as I did not test drive after installation, (there was beer involved) but I think I have clearance for fine-tuning. I'll post again after I road test it. I opted for the Powermadd as they were less than half the price of some of the other options, and figure I don't need the reinforcement of the brands that have bar/bar end reinforcement bars. If I go down, i'm probably toast. I'm just looking for some wind deflection.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
BTW - on the right bar, notice the throttle lock. It's a cheapo, but works well. There is BEARLY enough clearance for the brake resevoir/lock/handguard, but it does fit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought the same guards with winter coming on last Nov. I've found that the plastic mounts allow the guards to contact the control levers in warmer temps, and I've removed them for the time being. I'm looking for a better solution for this winter

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, rode 2 days now with them, and can see why the bar/end bar options win out. They DO move about a bit in the wind...but I experience no bar vibration (above and beyond the norm) and they DO provide some wind blockage. I can see opting to upgrade to some brand that is 3x times more expensive, but they were a quick and cheap farkle, and they look killer on the scoot. As I have a cheap throttle lock I had to mount the right guard further inward than I would have liked, and they DO move in such a way as to contact the break/clutch, they do NOT cause a problem, and i'll keep 'em for now... again, I dig the look!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts