Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After trying several locations for a power outlet and not happy with any of them, I installed this BMW-style outlet and bracket from Twisted Throttle. Superior to a cigarette outlet; it's smaller and the socket firmly snaps into place.....installation and hookup a breeze. I had to buy the male plug and wire it for my heated vest controller and an adapter for cell phone charger from Powerlet.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I like!

But why the BMW style? Is it really worth switching over, I mean most products come with the reg. 12v cig size...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The cig lighter socket did not provide a secure connection, mine would sometimes come loose. The conversion was easy and worth it. Another angle....

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's a good point , some of the cheap brands of cig adapters are loose and with the bikes vibes , pot holes etc...... connections can be spotty . Also try a marine store ( for boats) some products there are good crossovers tp MC

·
Registered
44 Posts
What year is your V? The guy at Twisted Throttle said their bracket for the 12 volt outlet would not fit an '09 V.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
2009........ I wasn't sure if it would fit either. If you look at the handlebar clamps, you will see that the spacing for the lower bolts are closer than the top bolts. That places the outlet and bracket at an angle. It might interfere with the handlebar if it was the larger diameter cig lighter outlet, but the smaller (and better) outlet fits fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts