Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Yoshimura slip on, standard air filter and I just ordered a Power Commander V. Hopefully the commander will smooth out the surging from 3,200 - 3,800rpm on my 2013 Versys. Has anyone got or can recommend suitable Power Commander maps for my setup. The Dyno site doesn't have a great selection. Cheer Eddie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the PCV and a Termingnoni Exhaust installed in my V with Stock Air Filter. I do not have a Custom Map for the Termi so I just uploaded the Stock Air Filter and Two Bro´s Exhaust Map Config from the PC Site. It´s works quite well with no popping on decel which was my main concern. The Bike runs smoother and power in low range is noticed. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gigitt,

I bought the PC 2nd hand. It was listed as the correct part for my bike year. But I couldn't get it running. I sold it again. The buyer never came back to me, so I assume it worked on the right bike.
I came across the Dobeck and thought I would give it a try. Install was easy and it seems to have solved most of my fuelling issues. I'm running it as standard. I do plan to stick it on a dyno at some stage, just to see how the set-up is with my bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
Hi Gigitt,

I bought the PC 2nd hand. It was listed as the correct part for my bike year. But I couldn't get it running. I sold it again. The buyer never came back to me, so I assume it worked on the right bike.
I came across the Dobeck and thought I would give it a try. Install was easy and it seems to have solved most of my fuelling issues. I'm running it as standard. I do plan to stick it on a dyno at some stage, just to see how the set-up is with my bike.

I just installed a PCV and Auto Tune... There is a thread on the UK forums about it not working and I solved MY issue and which might have solved yours.

For anyone else reading this, You have to make sure that the Power Commander V Fuel Injector Harness RED wire corresponds the 12V wire of the OEM harness... The Factory OEM harness connector does not follow a wiring standard as the Fuel Injectors do not have polarity so the wires can sometimes be switched between bikes.

My 2012 Versys, I needed to de-pin the factory harness (small flat screwdriver is all that is needed) and swap the pins around in the connector.
She Fired straight up then!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I just installed a PCV and Auto Tune... There is a thread on the UK forums about it not working and I solved MY issue and which might have solved yours.

For anyone else reading this, You have to make sure that the Power Commander V Fuel Injector Harness RED wire corresponds the 12V wire of the OEM harness... The Factory OEM harness connector does not follow a wiring standard as the Fuel Injectors do not have polarity so the wires can sometimes be switched between bikes.

My 2012 Versys, I needed to de-pin the factory harness (small flat screwdriver is all that is needed) and swap the pins around in the connector.
She Fired straight up then!
I went through TWO powercommander 5's before I found this post...Dynojet didn't seem to know anything about the problem until after my mechanic informed them (after I told him)...:thanx::thanx::thanx:
I was looking around the site for a good map for my yoshi exhaust..but I'm leaning towards having my mechanic tune it (ex-honda race team tuner)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts