Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who know the differences between model years, why would a PCV from a Gen3 (specifically a 2016) be a different model number than one for a Gen2 (as a 2011)? Maybe Kawasaki used different certain connectors in the newer model? I have a lead on a PCV for a 2016, and I'm wondering what it would take to get it to work on my 2011, but I do note that Dynojet provides a different part number.

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
For those who know the differences between model years, why would a PCV from a Gen3 (specifically a 2016) be a different model number than one for a Gen2 (as a 2011)? Maybe Kawasaki used different certain connectors in the newer model? I have a lead on a PCV for a 2016, and I'm wondering what it would take to get it to work on my 2011, but I do note that Dynojet provides a different part number.
Several sensors changed on the 2015 MK-3, previous years not all was 5 VDC as to sensors, in 2015 all inputs to the ECU were changed to 5 VDC , Also in 2015 North America the oxygen sensor was added, only the UK versions had a Oxygen sensor in the MK-2. Check your ECU number.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Several sensors changed on the 2015 MK-3, previous years not all was 5 VDC as to sensors, in 2015 all inputs to the ECU were changed to 5 VDC , Also in 2015 North America the oxygen sensor was added, only the UK versions had a Oxygen sensor in the MK-2. Check your ECU number.
Thanks. Good to know about the sensor voltages. I forgot that just because I have an O2 sensor connector does not mean that I have an ECU that can read an O2 sensor connected to it.

Well, if anyone is looking for a PCV plus Autotune for a Gen3 Versys, there's one on CL in the SF Bay Area for well under half price of new. Also the quickshifter sensor.

Oh, also an Ixil full exhaust system for just $200

1 - 3 of 3 Posts