Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new (to me) bike, and am looking very strongly at a 2008 versys. Owner has given me the choice of a full muzzy system or stock headers with jardine slipon, and stated that the muzzy is loud and gets worse mileage than the other options. Which would you choose? Also, Hi! If I get the bike I'll do a full intro and such.
whodat

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I'd choose the quieter exhaust that gives better mileage. Loud may appeal for a while but it can get old pretty quickly especially on longer trips. My two cents.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I'd choose the quieter exhaust that gives better mileage. Loud may appeal for a while but it can get old pretty quickly especially on longer trips. My two cents.
+1
1264 miles on a straight piped gs850 with ear plugs and still ruptured an ear drum ... just my .02

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm in the market for a new (to me) bike, and am looking very strongly at a 2008 versys. Owner has given me the choice of a full muzzy system or stock headers with jardine slipon, and stated that the muzzy is loud and gets worse mileage than the other options. Which would you choose? Also, Hi! If I get the bike I'll do a full intro and such.
whodat
I love your user name!

On the other hand, I am a owner of a 2008 Versys with a full Arrow exhaust (with baffle installed). I purchased it with this upgrade and was given the stock exhaust free of charge. I do plan on putting back on the stock exhaust though. There are a lot of riders here who averages +50MPG easily. I am getting somewhere in between 44-48MPG.

With my full Arrow exhaust, I cannot hear it while cruising at +45MPH. Let's say I was doing 70MPH in 4th gear, I would only hear wind and the engine, no exhaust. The only time I get to hear my exhaust is at low speed or through a tunnel.

Are you also getting power commander or any type of fuel controller? Highly recommended for aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've got a Yoshimura with the decibel killer "in"..and a power commander v to go with it...definitely louder than stock..cruising at freeway speeds it's not all that noticeable until you get on it..even then it's not all that bad...did I mention I'm deaf in my right ear to begin with? I could barely hear the stock exhaust at most levels except standing still...Bbrraapppppp :D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I've got a Yoshimura with the decibel killer "in"..and a power commander v to go with it...definitely louder than stock..cruising at freeway speeds it's not all that noticeable until you get on it..even then it's not all that bad...did I mention I'm deaf in my right ear to begin with? I could barely hear the stock exhaust at most levels except standing still...Bbrraapppppp :D
mines stock and i cant hear it till 8-9000rpm.... 1-7000 sounds like a singer sowing machine

·
Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
Just spent a day riding around a race trace withe the db killer out of my Leo Vince SBK - Oh YEAH Baby! Awesome!

·
Super Moderator
19,571 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stock exhaust works for me. Loud exhausts just get annoying after the initial fun wears off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts