Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
use a photo hosting site (like photo bucket or the like) or use the manage attachment button below after clicking go advanced

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Need help posting pictures the size that Joe and Fast Eddie puts up.
I am computer frustrated
Markie - what I do, is first reduce the size of the image to 800 x 600 pixels at 300 dpi, then add them into my "Photobucket" account under an "ALBUM NAME". Then to add it to a post, I "click" on the image, then (to the right) click on the LOWEST of the four 'actions' - this one says IMG followed by a rectangle w/ a in it. CLICK on that (URL) which sets it up as a "cut and paste", then paste that into your post.

Easy, peasy!

PM me if you need more help.

BTW - "Photobucket" is free, at least it IS till you need MORE space than the free allowance (which is quite large) as I do, for $30 a year.

:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
just adding to what @fasteddiecopeman said.

You don't need to resize the image before uploading it to photobucket... I never do.

Also when posting Pictures into FORUMS...
most forums use the [ IMG ] tag (no spaces) to share an image.
Photobucket does have many other posting link including the IMG tag especially for forums.
Just copy and Paste Photobuckets [ IMG ] tag... simples.

Using the other links is not the best way as when users click on it they get taken to the Photobucket page..

examples...

not preferred method
Copy and pasting the following Photobucket DIRECT link code
Code:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/gigitt/other/Share%20Photobuck%20Images_zpsjiqq6o83.png
result:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/gigitt/other/Share Photobuck Images_zpsjiqq6o83.png

Preferred method: [ IMG ] tag:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
The only reason I re size for photobucket is that my internet speed is not the best at times and works out quicker for me to re size in paint. If you net speed was a issue then this would help as my camera if using optical zoom may produce photos of 6 mb.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Instead of using a pay photo web site, you could save half by sending that half to me and just post pics on ANY google forum site and copy from THOSE pics :surprise::wink2::grin2::smile2:>:)

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
The only reason I re size for photobucket is that my internet speed is not the best at times and works out quicker for me to re size in paint. If you net speed was a issue then this would help as my camera if using optical zoom may produce photos of 6 mb.
Gee they make anybody Mods around here :) j/k

@kiwi 41, yes I see your point - but you should be hosting the pics from your mate's server Kim Dot Com

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I found that when I just up-loaded images w/out re-sizing, they came out REALLY BIG! I'll upload one just to show you:

Well - I tried, and in the 'post' as I typed it, it showed, but NOT after I hit the "save"....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts