Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to ride Portland, Oregon to Panama and back, right after Christmas this year. Hoping to make it the first leg in my world tour.

Just thought I would throw this out and see if anyone is at all interested in going along. I am taking January and February off work and hope to travel south on the Pacific side and back north on the Caribean/Atlantic side.

I am an experienced rider with 80,000 miles since 2004. Have ridden the western US from Alaska to California, east to the Dakotas, and south to Texas. Also race dirt XC, and ride vintage trials.

Picked up a '09 green V just for this trip a couple off months ago.

So what do you think? You in?

·
Registered
670 Posts
i think solo is better, but if you really want a partner in crime, you should post at advrider and horizonsunlimited.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Holy crap that sounds like fun. I'm in Portland but my boss just about **** himself when I told him I'm going for a couple weeks to Canada next summer. I'm guessing 2 months is out for me.

Good luck. There will be a lot of jealous people around here.

·
Registered
665 Posts
That sounds like a blast although getting out of town on a bike could be "interesting" that time of year. But good luck and dry roads to ya!

My wife about killed me when she found out I was going to be gone for 2.5 weeks in October (she doesn't know it yet but she will be joining me for the last three days in Vegas for our 15th anniversary) and the boss made me request the time off at least six months in advance.

But when I retire...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I would love to do that, but I am in the same boat as these other guys...could never get that much time off. I am still getting crap from our CEO for a 3 week trip in 2007 to Australia and New Zealand. Can't imagine asking for two months. I guess a trip like that will have to wait until I can retire (if I ever can).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone else?

My boss gave me Jan-Feb and part of March if i need it.

Wait a minute.

I'm self employed. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That sounds like a blast although getting out of town on a bike could be "interesting" that time of year. But good luck and dry roads to ya!
I used to do that trip south every year, usually out in December back in January. Some years it was more exciting than others, but I never had to delay more than one day due to taking the coastal route over straight down I-5 across the Siskiyou's.

It was actually a lot nicer to ride in that it would seem:

Gustavo

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Still looks like you would have to be carful in those snow/ice conditions Gustavo going by the photo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought I would bump this one last time.

I will be filling an ongoing ride report later on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts