Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have the dreaded popping during deceleration, along with poor performance getting right back on the gas. Its annoying as crap. My Versys has a Leo Vinci slip on.

From what I understand, removing or plugging the PAIR will take care of this with no ill effects towards engine reliability or fuel mileage. Is this correct?

And...what is the easiest way to remove or disconnect the PAIR? If any warning lights come on from this, what is the best way to erase them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
FI warning light comes on only if PAIR is disconnected, or if the two connector prongs are not connected together. You can erase any code by disconnecting the battery, but there's no need to. Removing the PAIR which only admits air in the exhaust ports upon engine braking, has no ill effects on the engine or fuel mileage whatsoever.
I plugged the hole in the airbox with some Permatex black sealant/adhesive, and replaced the valve cover inlet with a 1/4" aluminum plate... I'm replacing the air filter with one from Piper X tonight, so I'll get pics of it and the removed secondary throttle plates, etc.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
First pic shows the cover I made of 1/4" aluminum plate, the 2 PAIR connector wires stripped, twisted and soldered together (then wrapped in electrical tape), and the original cover sitting on the valve cover...
2nd pic shows the PAIR control valve, the airbox outlet sealed with black silicone (above the silicone tube cap), and the crankcase vent tube properly sealed by removing it and applying silicone in the groove and around, as it was found to be a bit of a loose fit where dirt could be ingested unfiltered. I also replace the clip on the crankcase vent outlet with a hose clamp for a secure fit...
3rd pic: I smoothed out the ridge at inlet and outlet of throttle body rubber boots to match TB and intake port inlets...
4th pic shows secondary throttle plates removed and the shafts filed smooth of protruding thread shrapnels. (with TB's removed)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts