Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

How do you keep your hands warm in cold weather?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
[] Other: When it is really cold, I just let my wife drive, I sit on the pillion and warm my hands via the "reach-around" technique.:

·
Registered
739 Posts
[] Other: When it is really cold, I just let my wife drive, I sit on the pillion and warm my hands via the "reach-around" technique.:

I see that your wife is the practical kind; High heels and a cruiser in the sand.

For my hands (to drag everyone's eyes back on topic) I use big bulky winter gloves -which I bought before I realized that bulky gloves are NOT pleasant for "feel" and good control- and grip heaters.
I would love to get heated gloves, because they would be as thin as my Held Steve gloves but as warm as those big-ass winter gloves. But, you know, I ain't rich and those winter gloves look almost new, so I will hold off on the heated gloves and required dual heat troller for a while.

Whenever I can when the temperatures drop to near or below freezing, I use my favorite gloves (aforementioned Held Steve) with silk liners and grip heaters on high, to avoid having to go with the WINTER GLOVES (there, big and bulky letters).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just put them in my pockets and steer with my knees.

No...what I usually do is throw on my snowmobile bibs, jacket and gloves.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Now I have heated gloves for longer trips below about 45. Previously had hippo hands and heated grips but more often than not I wouldn't use the hippos and outer hands and thumbs froze even with the heavy gloves. For the short 20 minute hop to work I can manage with my heavy gloves at almost any temp above 30 when I don't want to bother with the wiring.

Emdavis197 :goodidea:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Maybe it's just me but a heated vest and Lee Parks insulated gloves is all I need. Strange as it sounds, a heated vest will keep your hands warm.

y'all should try electrics

like the other guy said, you'll wonder how the hell you ever rode without the stuff

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
This always worked for me.:devil:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I don't ride in weather colder than 38f...but gloves (winter weight ) do the trick at those temps. Good for a couple hours of riding.
No need for 'electrics' or guards really.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Heated grips because they're always on the bike.
Heated gloves when it's c-c-c-c-c-cold.

Heat is often the difference between riding and not riding. Heated gear easily adds a month to the beginning and a month to the end of my riding season, plus it makes many rides more comfortable.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Heated grips because they're always on the bike.
Heated gloves when it's c-c-c-c-c-cold.

Heat is often the difference between riding and not riding. Heated gear easily adds a month to the beginning and a month to the end of my riding season, plus it makes many rides more comfortable.
Agreed Buddy!
Drove to work this am, was 26 degrees when I left. Gerbing heated gloves, heated grips, wind pants over jeans, and my Rocket Jacket. NO issues on the 24 mile commute. It'll be MUCH nicer on the trip home today for sure.:D Wanted to get the ride in before Friday, where they're predicting SNOW. :mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
For Versys I use nice large KTM handguards and insulated mid-weight gloves. If too cold for this I will either ride Vstrom w/ heated grips or when very cold drive truck. The Versys is my nice weather sport ride and not intended for nasty temps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts