Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got hold of a can of Plexus recently after reading about it on other forums. This a cleaner/protectent/wax specially made for clear plastic windows and is apparently used in the aviation industry for treating cockpit windows. It restored my visor to like new clarity and removed the haze. The water now runs off it in the rain. It also works great on plastic body panels too. Only problem problem is it is a bit pricey so I think I will reserve it for just using on my visor and windshield. Unlike RainX it is safe for plastic. Also has some anti fog properties. The really nice thing is it does not leave any visible residue and fills in hazing and other small imperfections in the plastic improving clarity. Recommend!

According to their advertising it is supposed to leave a barrier coating.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I haven't had much luck with it's anti-fog properties, but it is great on the outside of the shield. I have been using it for a few years and have very happy with how it works...yes it is expensive!! Those little cans for your tank bag are really expensive for what you get!!!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I have been using it on both sides of the shield but we have not really got into cold enough weather yet that fogging is a problem. I does help somewhat at preventing fogging but I'm not convinced yet that it is a direct replacement for anti fog spray yet. As I mentioned it also helps shed the rain. What it does do really well for clear plastic though is like what Armor All does for faded vinyl.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I confirm, it does not replace anti-fog spray :) Specially if you have a Shoei (great helmets that for some reason fog more then all the rest.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I use it on everything, windshield,tank, panels,helmet visor,instrument panel and it does a great jobof protecting and polishing.
I never knew it was supposed to help with fogging and never noticed as it is always my sunglasses that fog up not my visor.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wonder if it would clean the Rain-X off the windshield of my Vulcan? I never knew you weren't supposed to use Rain X on Plastic and made the mistake. Now when it rains, the water on the windshield beads up, but doesn't blow off.:badidea::badidea:

·
Registered
559 Posts
You could try it on the side of the visor...it might coat over the rain-x film...or it might just protect it...I think what I'd do is let the visor soak in warm soapy water and gently rub with a soft cloth, then wipe dry and then apply Plexus and buff with a clean dry cloth.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My moto driver at last weekends triathlon (female, really pretty, and a computer programmer for Apple with a MS in Computer Science from UCSD!) introduced me to PLEXUS, which I applied to my helmet shield. Nice stuff that I had never heard of before. Just ordered a spray can off Amazon. It's pricey, but wow - the bugs just slid off it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have been using it for the last five years and it is great for plastic shields!

·
Registered
943 Posts
The price of that stuff has gone thru the roof !

Yeah, we still buy it because haven't found anything better for its intended purpose.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Been using Plexus for years on my shields and shooting glasses. Excellent product. Before that i used "pledge" furniture polish. That was also excellent on my visor and filled the micro scratches superbly. A helicopter pilot put me onto that in 1973. The trouble is, pledge only comes in big spray cans, inconvenient to carry on the bike.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
The price of that stuff has gone thru the roof !

Yeah, we still buy it because haven't found anything better for its intended purpose.

I recently got a large can at motorcycle superstore for a little over $12.00 had $10.00 worth of bonus points from previous purchases and a free shipping coupon from a previous order.. It is expensive but works great

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It isn't too terrible if you buy the big cans.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts
...The trouble is, pledge only comes in big spray cans, inconvenient to carry on the bike.
I buy the "no-name" lemon pledge in cans that are about 9" H x 2.25" D, and regularly carry a can in my soft saddlebags. My face-shields look like brand new!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Plexus IS very good but as mentioned, pretty expensive. Personally, I keep a fresh coat of Turtle Wax on the windshield, visor, helmet and the bike in general. Before I begin the next days ride a very wet soft cloth across the shields and the bugs melt off. A quick wipe with a dry soft cloth and i'm good to go! And I think i'm helping save the "end-zone." Or was it "ozone?"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts