Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealer to buy a used 08 versys with 434 miles on it. Heres my dilemma: I just sold my 04 Kawi vulcan meanstreak in feb. I used it to commute to work religiously. However the meanie almost put me to sleep because i was averaging 75 to 80 mph on the highway and desperately needed a 6th gear. It had tons of balls though....:D Now I am 6' 4" and weigh about 260. Will this bike squeel uncle or will it give me what i need to get to work swiftly? 04 meanie= 1600 CC....08 Versys=650..:(...

·
Registered
81 Posts
6'8" 300lbs and I am not popping wheelies but the torque curve lets you move man. You can also roll on way above that 80mph mark once she is broke in.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If they will let you test ride the bike, that would be a good idea. All you would need is about a half mile and you could make the decision. I don't think you will be let down though. This bike has a lot of low end power. I have taken mine, just today as a matter of fact to 84 mph in 3rd. Didn't mean too, but circustances called for it. It got there very quick. I highly doubt this bike will squeel uncle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ran 55 - 75 for over 250 miles with my 230 lbs and 100 lbs of camping gear on the bike. Never felt strained. It also averaged 55 mpg on the trip.

Dan

·
Registered
374 Posts
I love my Versys, but for the longer distance rides I just picked up a new 08 Bandit 1250S. They are almost the same price, and the bandit has a rubber mounted motor....Very smooth for that droning down the highway. The bandit develops 80 ft.lb of torque at 2k rpm and is a very flat torque curve. The bike handles very well, and gets decent MPG 46. Might try a Bandit for that little extra umph you are wanting.

Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts