Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the black side plastics on my '09. They were pretty simple to install. Well as simple as anything on the versys. The fairings/windshield had to be removed, the radiator overflow tank had to be loosened too.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like that look...How much did it cost?

edit...just looked it up...about $160 plus shipping....

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is the look that i was looking for...howevere at that time i didn`t know they made them in black so i painted mines..I think it came out to like 12.00 dollars in materials..LOL, Anyway great job on the bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late reply. Umbrella Corp logos from Amazon.com, I like them because they support my pro-zombie anti-civilization viewpoint, and because they really stand out on my rather dark colored bike.

I spent about 190$ shipped from bikebandit on my panels, that was after an AMA discount and 10$ off with a giftcard, so if you found them for 160 its a pretty good deal. I changed mine out because I had a scratch on a rad guard from dropping my bike, and then on the pivot panels my boots were wearing the silver paint off the ABS plastic. I figured this time around I would go with their natural color.

I kind of want to get the black fork tubes from the green Versys too, but they are kind of expensive, and it seems like a whole lot of labor. For now I'm okay with the metal parts being silver, and the plastic parts being black, and the blue parts being blue. Though that may change.

Black bikes are stupid for safety reasons, but they are still cool, so I don't know. It would be cool to make a black or black and white Umbrella bike.

If I get wire wheels made, they'll be black, with powdercoated spokes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Very nice! I'm going to do this. I always wondered but now I know. The silver plastic is the worst looking part of my bike. Thanks very much Snarky.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just painted mine with Krylon Fusion. The gloss black did not match at all and looked bad. I then repainted with Krylon Fusion satin black and it looks factory.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just painted mine with Krylon Fusion. The gloss black did not match at all and looked bad. I then repainted with Krylon Fusion satin black and it looks factory.
i like the way the plastics on the OP's bike looks.. did you prep the plastic before painting? quick hit to scuff it up or just clean it real good?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i like the way the plastics on the OP's bike looks.. did you prep the plastic before painting? quick hit to scuff it up or just clean it real good?
The factory painted mine black, these are the plastics off the green bike. I've painted quite a few things in my time. These are cheap enough to just buy in black if you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts