Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to make a tail tidy for their v?

I have a 2009 and really can not justify £60 for a small piece of metal.

Anyone got any plans or advice...

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Not sure what a "tail tidy" is, but some of the guys have tidied up the back end by cutting the part that hangs down below the license plate (you lose the reflector by doing that). Cost? About 5 minutes with a hacksaw.... :yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Here's a Tidy Ducati Tail.:loveeyes::devil::teetertooter:

·
Registered
720 Posts
i did a simple tidy tail (fender eliminator) after i slapped in the clear rear lamp that has built-in signal lamp. the number plate is held by 2 piece of bent metal bar.

after 2 weeks i reverted back to the stock tail. Malaysia is a hot and wet country and rain comes unannounced anytime anywhere. hated the mud and dirt splatter that got all over covering up my clear rear lamp, seat and my back too.

dayum...

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Malaysia is a hot and wet country and rain comes unannounced anytime anywhere. hated the mud and dirt splatter that got all over covering up my clear rear lamp, seat and my back too.

dayum...
Exactly the reason I just "bobbed" the narrow piece off the bottom and left the "scoop".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the posts...

I saw a v with a tail tidy on it and thought it looked amazing - didn't think about the spray going up my back, here in the uk it has been known to rain once in a while :)

I wanted to have a go at making my own - don't like the idea of cutting the one on the bike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts